Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How to Enter the 200 Series Fuse Box ??

Stirling

Country Flag
australia
Hello
I'm adding a second battery and 2 way radio and 12 Volt fridge outlet down the back of the vehicle.
My question is how to enter the fuse box and use the spare space in the existing box without using piggy back plugs?? I can't seem to take any section out to get into it.
Help needed please.

Hi Stirling,

Not sure what you plan is or how you plan to join the batteries, but you're probably better off hooking up the second battery up to the first battery via a split charge unit rather than wiring it through the fuse box aren't you? You need to make sure you isolate the second battery so that it doesn't drain you main battery by accident and leave you stuck somewhere.

Are you wanting to join them in series or parallel?

Pop into the introduction section and introduce yourself, let us know what vehicle you're driving, and generally what your plan is and we should be able to help a bit more.

Welcome to the forum.

Nick

As Nick says, best to keep it separate. Look at a DCDC charger such as the Intervolt and use a separate fusebox for leisure battery stuff. You really don’t want to be pulling apart a factory fusebox unless you have to as they are complex bits of kit these days. There’s some good fuseboxes out there. Amazon and eBay are useful or Polevolt do a modular system. Blue sea stuff is good quality.

Back