Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Howling Moon Delux 1.4 Roof Tent

Lorin

I am selling our Howling Moon Roof Tent that we've had for 5 years having bought it from another forum member.

Due to having had a lot of use, it is showing signs of age but remains entirely serviceable and can undoubtably give many years more service with a little TLC.

The base (which is replaceable) is made from marine ply and has been affected by the damp. The main effect of this has been that the bonding has failed in places. I have addressed this through the judicious use of long screws, which remain effective. A couple of the inserts to hold the rain cover poles have also 'sunk' into the base but again remain in working condition. Overall the base remains serviceable.

The canvas of the tent remains in pretty good condition and was recently re-waterproofed. The tent opening mechanism is in perfect working order. I have two rain covers and whilst both show signs of age, they remain waterproof. The tent has never leaked despite having endured thunderstorms, torrential downpours and one near hurricane (almost folded the tent up with us in it but didn't leak!).

The ladder includes the extension for trucks with a suspension lift. The rain cover (for the tent when folded) is relatively new but has still lost its waterproofing (they're not cut out for British winters). I tried to remedy this by spraying with plastidip but that has now failed too and is peeling. New covers can be bought or you could have one custom made such as by these people http://tarps.cunninghamcovers.co.uk

Given the condition of the tent, I am asking for £250. The tent is in Bournemouth and would need to be collected. If a forum member doesn't want it, I will put it on eBay.

Hello, I am possibly interested, will you pm me your telephone number please, best regards, Bill Westley

Back