Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Howzit

Ken Brenton

Country Flag
england
Hi to all.
I have just resettled in the UK after 36 years in Durban area of South Africa and a previous 5 years in Jersey in the CI. So after 41 years I am repatriated as is my wife, Val, who has been away from UK with me the whole of that time.
I won't go into the reasons of our repatriation but it is on family grounds not political discontent. We loved SA and have left many dear friends behind. Coincidentally two of those families have been our house guests in the UK in the last 10 days.
We are located in Ferring, a small coastal village just West of Worthing in W.Sussex.
I am a self employed consultant (occasionally) working in mobile telecomms and have just completed a 6 month contract in Indonesia and will probably look for something else in the New Year.
I have been into 4*4's for about 4 years and owned a well kitted 80 series GXL, 4.5 EFI in SA. My most adventurous trip was the notorious Baboons pass in Lesotho with the LCCSA crowd from the Durban area, but I also spent many enjoyable hours on other adventures with this great bunch of guys.
My wife and I also over-landed through Bots, Nam, Moz and Lesotho, some trips in the company of LCCSA members and others alone.
My first task on settling has been to find a Cruiser. I took delivery of a 2001 Amazon VX 4.7 this week and now the fun begins.
I have started fitting a towbar, but hit a problem with the chassis tapped holes being misaligned and need some drilling and filing to complete.
Next is a set of tyres with some off road capabilities and then an LPG conversion, any advice on LPG or tyres is welcomed.
I look forward to joining in some of your trips and meeting members, but unfortunately cannot make the upcoming event in October (despite the invites from several members and a yearning to do so).

Ken

You found us! Welcome Ken (and Val of course!) great to have you here - hope you get tyres and LPG sorted soon! Looking forward to seeing some pics of the 100 now!!

Cheers

Welcome boet. This is a fantastic forum made up of helpful, Knowledgeable and friendly members. You'll love it!

As Garry says, don't forget the Pics!

Welcome to the club. :icon-biggrin:

Back