Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
A while back when my wife was buying a Jeep, just before handing over the cash I decided to do a check from my phone. I was not keen on spending £29 on a check but my gut was not right. Turns out the car I was about to buy was reported stolen.
I've just used the last of the checks (bought 3) on a perfect example of a mini for my sister in law. I've not seen the car but 4 family members, one male (who sort of knows which way round a hammer goes) checked the car at the dealer and said everything is good. No overspray, panels all have equal gaps etc etc. Turns out it was a Cat-D write off.
So far, £29 has been well worth it.

Confused by this though:
[h=4]Mileages as recorded by the National Mileage Register[/h]
Date recordedRecorded byMileage readingTotal
26-Sep-2003Franchised Dealer365365
16-Nov-2004Franchised Dealer8,9298,929
30-Nov-2004Franchised Dealer11
09-Jul-2008Manufacturer47,63547,635

Why would the mileage jump like that? New engine?
The accident was in May this year.

Yes all the time after i found out the hard way. When i was 19 i bought myself an rs turbo, 6 months later it was stolen from lakeside shopping centre, so i put in a claim and thats when i found out it had already been stolen recovered, so the insurance company kindly reduced the value of my claim by £1000 pounds.

Joe

Crispin

A new odometer would be my guess - looks like it was done under warranty whilst the vehicle was in the dealers possession.

I wonder why the vehicle went back to the manufacturer?

Pete

Back