Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HubbUK 30th May

May go, I'm thinking about it, probably for one day only though.

Last edited:
It is partly due to a Horizons meeting that we are touring Australia right now. You will meet some very inspiring people there.

I have a stand there so if anyone from here does go, do drop in to say hello.

I've never been to the event before, but the impression from people from past events is that it is worth going for as many of the days as you can - there is a fair amount to see and a lot of people to chin wag with, which is sort of the one of the main reasons for the get together.

I may try get there for a day just to have a look around.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I thought that HU was all about mortorcycles. How much of the event will be about trucks?

The HUBB started as a forum for motorbike travellers, but has expanded to cover trucks, 4x4s - basically any overlanding vehicles.

Most customers planning their own LC trips from basic forrays in to Morocco or longer round Africa or Asia trips find the HUBB a great resource.

I've never actually been, but hear nothing but great things - it's one of the slow burn events, mooch around, chat to people, see the talks, see the stands, etc - there is probably more to be gained from the shared experiences than the show stands. A lot of the people will be camping over from the Thursday through to Sunday.

I've never actually been, but hear nothing but great things - it's one of the slow burn events, mooch around, chat to people, see the talks, see the stands, etc - there is probably more to be gained from the shared experiences than the show stands.

This is exactly what the event is about: having the opportunity to speak to other like minded people, some of whom have done some very interesting trips. Some of the people there have been around the globe several times, others have been to some impossible to reach places, we even met a chap that was the first person to paraglide over the Antarctic. The talks and presentations vary quite a bit, ranging from first time travellers telling about a trip to Morocco, to practical tips on how to have your trip experience published. We really enjoyed the presentations. If you are thinking of overlanding you will enjoy the weekend. And you can have a go at skinning and cooking rabbits, pigeons, etc...

Back