Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HZJ79 Camper

Hi guys, (and especially Axel),
just thought Id let you all know that I bought this HZJ79 from Vollmer auto in Germany about 16 months ago, he was selling it on behalf of Axel. the real owner.
Anyway the truck is a real beauty, Axel had every piece of paperwork for every service and part it has ever received filed away in a big binder.
I drove her home to England, reversed her into my workshop and set to work completely stripping out and re fitting the electrics, solar, plumbing etc, I also ripped out the insides and re-fitted new furniture to my taste.
I removed the rear boot door and ugly rear bumper box thing and fabricated a new rear section,
I also cut down the body work on the sides and hung the spare on the rear to make space for new water tank. plus lots more modifications to the old look.
since then we have set off on our RTW journey, doing a loop of Europe before shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia.
we have crossed Canada, driven around Alaska and up the Dalton highway to the arctic circle.
we are now in Utah, zig zagging the western national parks and heading to Mexico.
south America, South Africa, Australia, and home via Asia and Russia lay ahead on out 10 year RTW journey.

respect to Axel who maintained the truck meticulously during his 16 years of ownership im sure he's happy she has gone to someone who will keep her in the same condition as he did.
she's looking very different now but still circumnavigating the planet and still going strong.

if you see her for sale in the near future I can assure you she's not.

thanks everyone and keep your eyes open for the scammers.
IMG_4301.jpgIMG_5037.jpg IMG_5141.jpg IMG_4974.jpg IMG_4971.jpg IMG_4975.jpg

I’m not a “camper” fan, but this 70 looks the business to me, it’s compact, well equipped, and really looks the business.

It’s a pity that most likely the scammer was never caught, but one day he’ll make a mistake and push his luck too far. It won’t help his victims that’s for sure, but it will save some potential victims in the future when he’s behind bars.

Anyway, hats off to all those on this great forum for trying, shared information is vital to catch out the likes of him, multiple reports will eventually catch the attention of the police, but it’s shameful that it seems to take so long for them to get their teeth into a case.

Happy scammer- free travels Ian, and BTW, welcome to the forum :thumbup: some posts of your travels would be very much appreciated...

Unfortunately even when a crime has been committed the police don’t seem interested. My mate had a motorbike/scooter nicked, saw some kids with it, he knows where they live so reported it to the police. Not interested. A nice easy crime solve for them where someone else has done all the work, and not interested. I’m sure if he went round to ‘recover’ the scooter himself they would suddenly become very interested!!!

Back