Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

i Phone 4

joinerman

Garage
I know it's not cruiser related but has anyone upgraded to an i phone 5 & now has an i phone 4 they no longer want.

my wife will be getting rid of her iphone 4 within the next month.
stu

I have just upgraded to the 5 but I'm still using the 4s until decided on which one I'm going to sell.

16g

Last edited:
Anyone want a brand new 64gb iphone 5? on 02? thought I would butt in on the thread. its not the s or C but still a top quality phone
Jonnie

I have upgraded to the 5s gold so have a 32gb factory unlocked if anyone's interested and it's like new boxed always been used In a wallet

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Agh, just found out i need a different sim for an i phone, i know i can get one but if i want to swop back to another phone I'm mullered so going to forget an i phone, thanks for all replies & offers.

Agh, just found out i need a different sim for an i phone, i know i can get one but if i want to swop back to another phone I'm mullered so going to forget an i phone, thanks for all replies & offers.

IPhones use nano sims, some other smart phones use micro sims, "ordinary" phones use regular sims. All are the same sim just use smaller cards with the same electronics on them. I'm using a nano sim in my old 2004 Nokia using an old press-out from another card as a carrier. You can do the same with a micro sim. You just need a pair of scissors to cut out the carrier.

Now I can swap between the old Nokia and the new(ish) iPhone 5.

I've just downloaded IOS 7 on the iPad and iPhone, seems OK with some nice features. It's quicker too. I don't think it looks as nice, but it works well for me.

I've just brought three sim adapters for 99p deliverd Brian.

My sim can go in any old or new phone that's out there. I wouldn't worry.

I've just brought three sim adapters for 99p deliverd Brian.

My sim can go in any old or new phone that's out there. I wouldn't worry.

I didn't know that there were adaptors available :doh:

It would have saved me from snipping away with scissors...:lol:

On eBay you can buy a sim cutting tool cheap Clive. You then use the 99p adaptor to be able to make the sim bigger.

Probably a stupid question but its just called a 'sim cutting tool'? And it works on all sim cards.

This would be great I have a galaxy phone I got as a free upgrade 2 months ago that I was afraid to get my sim changed to fit in case I couldn.t work it like I can my old nokia

Yogi
My old sim works in old phones. To use in an iPhone 4 means the sim has to be cut down in size. Then to go to an iPhone 5 the sim needs to be smaller again ( nano sim)

For 99p you get three different sim adaptors that allows you to use your small sim in any phone at all.

On eBay you can buy a sim cutting tool cheap Clive. You then use the 99p adaptor to be able to make the sim bigger.

Well that maybe so and useful to some. I popped into the Vodafone shop and they handed me a replacement nano sim in exchange for the Normal sim that I had. From there I just needed to make the nano adaptable for use in the old phone, it was easy.

But easier still would be the adaptor that you suggested. I'd be very wary of cutting a sim down to nano without a special tool, I was just making a "surround" or a "frame" for the nano so that it located properly in the bigger carrier.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer karl, unexpectedly I've got to get tyres for the 80, they will have to come first so will have to pass.

Thanks for the offer karl, unexpectedly I've got to get tyres for the 80, they will have to come first so will have to pass.

I might be talking ballcocks here, but can't you go to a test centre for advice? I mean just park up and ask them straight would they pass those tyres? It's a simple yes/no answer, surely? If the rest of the car is OK, you can leave it with them if it's a yes, otherwise go home and consider plan B.

Just a thought. :think: Sorry wrong thread, but it fitted the last post.

Last edited:
Back