Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I took off the lift kit

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello all,
Well I returned back to West Coast 4x4, and asked Paul to put my old springs and shocks back on.
I explained, that I just could not get used to the additional, height that the Iron man gave me.

Old front height 742mm
Old rear height 773mm

New measurements
New front height 800mm
New rear height 860mm

The front, I could live with, I think I recall the front had gone up 58mm, just like 2,25 inches.
But the rear had gone up a whole 87mm, just like 3,5 inches. Which I felt was just too high.

It even made the rear tyres look far too small,.
Although the fronts looked good.

The ride was a bit harsher. but not too harsh.

Now I don't know what to do, :evil:
I would like to have both front and rear go up no more than the 58mm that the front went up by.

What can I do to the rear springs, so they wont push the back end up so heigh
The coil seats are machined flat, so I am not sure I can simply cut some of the coil off.

Please give me some ideas. I am getting depressed very quick.

Graham

How about custom springs from Eibach through Milners.
They have the ability to measure spring rates then get some custom wound, same rate as the Iron mans but a bit shorter

Thats an idea,
I only need the 2 rears.

Other than that, I considered 2 standard springs with spacers.

I shall make a few phone calls tomorrow,

Thanks

I have a full set of standard 80 springs you can borrow to experiment with if you want...

Jim has already tried them on his 70 ;-)

If the 120 rear suspension is similar to the 95 (and I expect it would be) the front springs from an 80 will fit and might give you the required amount of lift. Do you your front springs still, Gav?

Cheers,

Andrew Prince said:
If the 120 rear suspension is similar to the 95 (and I expect it would be) the front springs from an 80 will fit and might give you the required amount of lift. Do you your front springs still, Gav?

Cheers,

I don't know much about suspension (or many other things really) but would they not have the same feeling as concrete pillars considering the 120 is (is it?) lighter than an 80?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I should add you will need to talk to the Motorsport department at Millners

Crispin said:
[quote="Andrew Prince":1w8mjkou]If the 120 rear suspension is similar to the 95 (and I expect it would be) the front springs from an 80 will fit and might give you the required amount of lift. Do you your front springs still, Gav?

Cheers,

I don't know much about suspension (or many other things really) but would they not have the same feeling as concrete pillars considering the 120 is (is it?) lighter than an 80?[/quote:1w8mjkou]

I can let you know the hight and feeling of std 80 front springs on the back of a 90 soon, well within I week I hope.

Yup, got the full set of springs in the shed - Graham, as offered, you are more than welcome to borrow the springs to see what they do to your truck. Jim (Jimbo4x4) borrowed them to try under his 70 & they were not suitable but at least its not cost anything to try them ;-) S'up to you :)

Hello gav,

Thanks for the great offer.
I will keep in touch.

Graham

No worries dude - I still think your truck looked wicked with the lift on it...

I wonder if I should make you an offer for your kit & lob it on Dad's truck while he's not looking :lol: :lol:

Hi Gav,
I think some one is already interested in taking it off my hands.
If it falls through, I will take offers.

Watch this space.

Graham

No probs Graham - will keep an eye out for someone in a newly lifted 120 on the forum soon ;-)

Well, I am stuck for words,,,

The lift kit is back on, and them guys at West coast 4x4 just get better and better. :clap:

They have really done me proud and now the ride quality is like new.
It is exactly 500mm higher in front, as opposed to 63,
The back is 55mm high, with no weight in.

To describe the ride comfort, well, better than original. :D :D :D

I had driven for less than 5 minutes, and I said to my friend with me, WOW, now it drives good.
Before, when I hit a pot hole, it was uncomfortable, now it is nothing short of a full transformation.
I am not sure the springs that are on, but they are perfect.

Thanks to Paul and his crew, you did a great job, turning my LC into exactly what i wanted it to be.

http://www.west-coast-4x4.com/Home.html

Graham

Good to hear the fitting has been modified now,

so what did they do? put different springs on?

Still not 100% happy with my OME lift yet, had annoying vibration under acceleration @55-60mph since i lifted it....

Graham said:
It is exactly 500mm higher in front....

:o :o

You'll be needing one of these then ;)

step_ladder.jpg

ha, ha, ha,

I was so excited my fingers were running too fast.

Graham

50mm

AndyCook said:
Good to hear the fitting has been modified now,

so what did they do? put different springs on?

Still not 100% happy with my OME lift yet, had annoying vibration under acceleration @55-60mph since i lifted it....
Yes, put 'B' springs on. They are great.

They would not even charge me for the swap.

So had to force some beer money into said capable hands.

Graham

Back