Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I want one

Ah yes, but can it make me a new 80 series?

silvercruiser said:
Cossack said:
Ah yes, but can it make me a new 80 series?
Yeah if you want a plastic one :lol: Joe
That's OK then, a few bits of wire, springs and an engine transplant and we're on our way :thumbup:

have a look at reprap. A lot cheaper, all "open source" hardware and software so depending on how you feel, you can either buy all the loose parts or build them yourself.
it's the ugly duckling but was the first "hobby" one out and has a massive following.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A friend of mine made one and printed off a statue of Liberty. Very cool devices but a little random, when they loose there positioning if only for a second you can end up with some very bizzare creations and then you have to start all over again. The one I played with did not have a very user friendly interface so you have to be a geek to own one.

If only I had one 10 years ago!!!!

Brilliant concept, I remember seeing a demo CNC unit about 15 years ago, they were given a task of redisigning & testing K series engine waterworks as Rover realised something was badly crap about them haha.

There is another one, you buy the basic kit & it makes all the other parts you needed to build the bigger full on version :)

Back