Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Iceland 2015

Are the first two Geysir and Gullfoss? Good pic of the truck and the plane (didn't get to that ).

Yes they look like Geysir and gulfoss to me

Nothing on my caranex actually tore or snapped, but one of plastic stirrups weakened.
I was surprised it stood up to the wind , I was using 50cm Rock pegs for main guys

All tents have there limits in the wind I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking of getting a tentpi and stove myself for camping in the colder months, how is it in strong winds ? Would it have survived the 60 mph wind ?

Nice photos to add to the collection, is the waterfall Heligfoss ?

Without a doubt the Tentipi would have stood up to that battering - along with the base level guys there are also 4 more lines half way up that are recommended in storms....we've never yet used them and we've had it up in some pretty bad weather. The tentipi has a low wind profile - even if the wind changes direction through the night. If you're really worried the tent skirt is designed to put rocks/snow/earth clods on it to keep everything in place - i drove the truck on it on one occasion. Don't scrimp on the size.....we've a 7 man for just us two and our equipment and stove......you can decant a whole truck into it and sit around the fire - toasty

The long drop waterfall is Fagrifoss, and the other two are indeed Geysir and Gullfoss (that one is my favourite - pure energy and scale)

​Last of the photos

Attachments

• _MG_4298.JPG
    _MG_4298.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 172
  • _MG_4388.JPG
    _MG_4388.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 161
  • _MG_4423.JPG
    _MG_4423.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 175
  • _MG_4208.JPG
    _MG_4208.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 159
Thanks for the tentpi info. I have been in one and was impressed. A friend used to sell them, t

He as a 5, 7, 9 and 15 person versions!
When saw his one he had a porch on front too.
I like idea of having one for winter camping.

It would have been nice to have one and stove in Iceland :) but would have needed a trailer of wood logs

Our trip is featured in this months (Feb 2016) landrover owner international magazine
Haven't see it yet, just a couple of photos on FB

a261af4e21ff30e21de0f8f52022890a.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Our trip is featured in this months (Feb 2016) landrover owner international magazine
Haven't see it yet, just a couple of photos on FB

a261af4e21ff30e21de0f8f52022890a.jpg

Its nice to have your truck in a magazine....I guess Toyotas didn't get much of a look in though. I had my 110 in LRM some years ago en route to Nordkapp in winter....I used that to add to the marketing appeal of my truck when I came to sell....people like that sort of thing to talk about over a pint when they've bought it

Back