Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

INSURANCE RENEWAL

Weird stuff insurance prices :? So I get a renewal from Adrian Flux and it was £975 TPFT, up 275 from last year :shock: I called up and they could reduce it a bit, and got it down to £860. All there fully comp prices were north of £1500. I decide to call around and so far have only managed to get one more quote (mainly because it is a saturday) and 2Gether quoted me £650 fully comp :shock: what is going on?

Similar experience with the Volvo, but in that case selecting a protected no claims bonus reduce the cost of the policy by about £200!

Is 2gether a budget insurance company like elephant?

2Gether is a broker of sorts - as I understand it, they buy a kind of package deal (kinda like block bookings on airlines) where they use a volume "booking" to secure a lower price. To get this kind of bulk discount, they have fairly strict qualifications or so they say.

The 2Gether "special" package is with Highway Insurance - I suspect that actual insurer is another company again.

Cheers,

I hate insurance companies but accept they are a necessary evil. :evil:

Renewed my 2005 LC4 Toyota Landcruiser diesel on 3rd Feb 2011 for £559 with More Than (fully comp protected no claims) and my car is modified. No performance enhancers though. It runs on vegetable oil (see my website that I'm happily plugging every chance I get - yes, I'm annoying http://www.vegoilcar.co.uk). ;)

You'd be amazed how many compaines refused to insure me to drive a veg oil motor. Some claimed it was illegal (it isn't, the government has no problem with it - but the sods won't reduce our road tax). Adrian Flux would insure me, but they were hugely expensive.

I'm on my second year of insurance with 2gether & the premium was £400 this year; I keep updating modifications to them but it doesn't seem to bother them. They seem fine as an insurer to me...

Even the exhaust? did you tell them that it probably has more power as a result of the exhaust?

Aye, said the exhaust was modified & how it was modified but thats all I need to do isn't it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting work around, you have provided details of the mods but not specified that you have more power and left it up to the insurers to figure that out :think:

Gav Peter said:
Aye, said the exhaust was modified & how it was modified but thats all I need to do isn't it?
I'd say that's all you need to do. It's all I did :)

Rob said:
Interesting work around
I'm actually not trying to work around anything Rob - all insurers ask is what, if any, changes have you made to your car which I have disclosed; they've never asked the results of the changes... In fairness, its still a slow old truck; 3" zorst power gains or not!!! :lol:

Jon Wildsmith said:
I'd say that's all you need to do. It's all I did
Cheers Jon, feeling less like a crim now :cool:

Back