INSURANCE RENEWAL

Graham

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
3,935
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello all,
Well it's that time of the year again where i need to dig deep for the pennies, and come out with the cash.

Axa Insurance have quoted me £361.00 for the next 12 months.
In the price is 3 days of Foreign Use, thats where I can drive to France, Spain, but only for 3 days cover.

They can do more 'Foreign Use' cover if I ask, however, I believe it ain't going to be cheap.

So can any one give me Ideas where I can get 'foreign cover' from , I think it's called a green card,I would be thinking for at least a months cover.

Graham
 

Rob

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
3,019
Garage
are you sure its only 3 days not 30 as most places offer?
 

Jimbo4x4

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
880
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
NFU include the Green Card in all their policies, they also include the "drive any vehicle" thing that many companies have now discarded. Try them, service is second to none in my experience.
 

Graham

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
3,935
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Jimbo4x4 said:
NFU include the Green Card in all their policies, they also include the "drive any vehicle" thing that many companies have now discarded. Try them, service is second to none in my experience.


Thank both.

Yeah. I did ask exactly how many days, and they replied just 3

Not much good just 3 days :roll:

I will give NFU a call, I was with them just 2 years ago.

Thanks

Graham
 
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Steve Wright

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
372
Country Flag
great_britain
Graham said:
Jimbo4x4 said:
NFU include the Green Card in all their policies, they also include the "drive any vehicle" thing that many companies have now discarded. Try them, service is second to none in my experience.


Thank both.

Yeah. I did ask exactly how many days, and they replied just 3

Not much good just 3 days :roll:

I will give NFU a call, I was with them just 2 years ago.

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham

I think the thing with the NFU, they will never be the cheapest, I have been with them
for a number of years, with about five vehicles at one time, but in all the years and needed
to claim have never had a problem.

Steve
 

Bat21

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,902
Country Flag
morocco
A big thumbs up from me for the NFU too, not the cheapest but by far one of the best insurance companies I have dealt with. Low cost insurance is cheap for a reason, as I found out last year.

They also cover you in Morocco, most policies don't.
 

Paul

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
2,465
Garage
Country Flag
england
Adrian Flux every time, and i have claimed a stolen vehicle too.
Good price and good service, includes breakdown, ALL mods, green lane and pay and play site cover. Last quote from NFU was almost double.
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
another vote for the NFU Mutual...

superb, and unlimited cover in EU and beyond..
 

Jorgen45

New Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
5
NFU sounds promising, but what about accessories?, do they charge extra for that and
how much?
(Just been quoted £330 fully comprehensive with 30 day continental cover, however it
was raised to £650 when I told them about the BullBar and the Rear Wheel Carrier).

Jorgen45 (KDJ120 UK)
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Jorgen said:
NFU sounds promising, but what about accessories?, do they charge extra for that and
how much?
(Just been quoted £330 fully comprehensive with 30 day continental cover, however it
was raised to £650 when I told them about the BullBar and the Rear Wheel Carrier).

Jorgen45 (KDJ120 UK)

I have all mods declared..

Never made a difference..

How much "no claims" have you got?

Just give NFU a ring and you'll know soon enough.. :D
They are not the cheapest but definitely the best and don't forget the unlimited EU cover..
 

Graham

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
3,935
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I will try NFU, but I dont think they will be competitive enough.
I don't mind paying a bit more, may be 25% more, but thats the lot.

I have 8 years no claims, and clean licence.
Swift cover ( just a broker site ) offered me £330, but just 3 days European :roll:

I have not asked Adrian Flux yet, so maybe they can also give me a competitive quote.
Graham
 

SimonD

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
650
Country Flag
australia
NFU told me they don't do London and Adrian Flux was twice the price of the one I opted for Carole Nash. They specialise in bikes but do 4wd too
 

Jimbo4x4

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
880
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
SimonD said:
NFU told me they don't do London

That makes sense, they're the "National Farmers Union", and I don't think 'old Giles' frequents our nations capital all too often :lol:
 

SimonD

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
650
Country Flag
australia
Applying that logic doesn't work well for Scottish Widows ;) . Anyway I've got five foxes in the garden so the NFU should be right at home here. :lol:
 

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
5,985
Country Flag
great_britain
Chris Knott just renewed for £724 a year :shock: for fully comp, happy with snorkel, tyres, "winch bumper" etc. Will cover me for any 4x4 stuff so long as it's not competition / commercial.
Tried Adrian Flux - £1666 for a "normal" policy :shock: :shock: :shock:
 

ignat

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
524
Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
£724 - not bad. I pay that for TPFT only. :cry:

BTW you get/getting a winch bumper?
 

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,282
Country Flag
uk
hmmm that's about right I guess. I paid ~ £560 for TPFT on Lil'Blue with Flux (that's a brand new policy with zero NC)
 

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
5,985
Country Flag
great_britain
ignat said:
£724 - not bad. I pay that for TPFT only. :cry:

BTW you get/getting a winch bumper?

It's on the list which is inversely proportional to money / time :x
 

SimonD

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
650
Country Flag
australia
I retract my earlier post about Carole Nash - they are proving to be PITAs. Despite a recommendation to use them from Footloose 4x4 they have just told me the bloke I originally spoke to got it wrong to say they cover vehicles off-road only onroad [depsite doing bikes offroad] - currently seeking a refund and going to try Chris Knott. :evil:
 

Andrew Prince

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
2,232
SimonD said:
Despite a recommendation to use them from Footloose 4x4 they have just told me the bloke I originally spoke to got it wrong to say they cover vehicles off-road only onroad [depsite doing bikes offroad] - currently seeking a refund and going to try Chris Knott. :evil:
Simon, you do know that off-road means off any road, not just off tar road? I.e. green-laning is on-road and you are covered. What they apparently do not want to cover you for is pay&play sites and competitive off-road events.
Obviously if you do want cover for pay&play etc then this insurance is not for you :cool: Just thought I'd make this clear in case you were not aware :mrgreen:
 
Top