Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Insurance

Just last week changed mine from Lancaster £375 to Axa £275 and includes breakdown, legal etc. it’s definitely worth shopping around especially as running costs are on the up!

I never heard of these companies. Been with Admiral for last 4 yrs. are these other companies used by you all better for Landcruisers?
When I look for Quotes only Churchill, Aviva and few others come up but never saw Lancaster, Swindon or Saga in the list. I got 750£ This year for LC alone.

Shop around Raj... Christ i can Insure the 80, The missus Skoda, and the Africa Twin All fully comp for less than your paying for the 200, Doesn't seem right Mate,.. Are you a 17yr old 'Yoof' with driving convictions as long as your arm.... Remember Insurance companies will show you No Loyalty whatsoever... It's always expected to be the other way round....

£750 Blimey, I’ve got the LC a Porsche and three classic Land Rovers insured for less than that, phew!

Reactions: Raj
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Higgy, My driving, credit record is clean n all good so I ll ve to go out n shop around. I took multi insurance for 3 cars n house with Admiral so it’s easy to track but this seems expensive. It’s also due to location I guess Highly populated South East area. I added a kid n wife which might ve increased insurance. Will family is considered a risk?

When i add My Missus to the 80 or Bike it makes it cheaper, How Ins companies calculate and assess Baffles me :confusion-shrug:

Mine started about £750 and came down year on year so now its about half that , I think from an insurers point of view a Landcruiser is a BIG 4x4 so apt to bump in car parks in early ownership .

Raj I'm sure if you shop around and insured each separately you will exceed the 750 to reduce your risk have you got limited mileage on your cars and truck say 7000 miles for each if you use them all on a daily basis or if one is the wife's daily shopper have a look at the previous mots and you may find that she only does 4000 miles a year so that could reduce yet more last one is your parking arrangements are any parked in a garage or driveway and finally security have any got a tracking device fitted it all adds up or another way to look at it is you are paying 250 a year for each car and the house insurance is free or you are pay 750 house insurance and you got free car insurance for three vehicles

Oh if I could manage all 3 cars n house in 750, its party time for me. I get total 1750, 750 for LC and 1000 for remaining 3 items with all multi policy discounts. I will try changing mileage and other details. I just add 10K per car as default.
For Landcruiser I kept GPS108 long life Itrack tracker but did this last month after insurance renewal.

I just add 10K per car as default
Raj, mileage and when you drive i.e. peak / off peak has a bearing on the costs as it relates to risk. 10k might be a little high for some or all of your cars and bringing it down may bring the costs down even if only a few £££

Raj are you on Admiral multi-car? Are they letting you apply the no claims to only one vehicle?

Insurance can depend on a lot of things, but I think its primarily vehicle value (but sometimes lower value can result in higher premium!), post code - and to a lesser (but still significant) extent things you might not expect, like your job title.

They all assess risk differently, so its worth shopping around.

Sorry Raj miss read the price of truck insurance thought it read 750 for the lot 3 cars and house and after reading Mick Ws post which one do you use as your main driver as commuting to and from work wacks it up something chronic and as mentioned in another post is Mrs Raj on all three cars as for some mysterious reasons that only quantity surveyors cuttlefish insurance brokers and the gods of motoring know the female cuttlefish gets insurance cheaper have you told your insurance company that you got GPS tracker in your truck and think if anyone considering tracker got to be worth a quick phone call to your insurance company and see if your payments reduce plus if your truck gets misplaced by persons unknown you will have a better chance of getting the truck returned to you

Karl, yes it’s Admiral multi policy. They allow no claims on only one vehicle. I didn’t understand their logic there.

That’s good point Steve, also reading all your comments now I am realising how true costs of insurance shout be. Like me my friends also pay bit more than me (800-1000 per car, regular cars not expensive)
Another good thing I learned from here.
Will try changing mileage I usually copy paste all criteria for all cars but they are different in use, mileage, security details

Also worth phoning them up and speaking to them, especially if its renewal time. Insurance and AA/RAC - usually get a few quid off just for bothering! :)

Back