Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

intake heater solenoid

frank rabbets

Guru
Has anyone got a picture of the intake heater solenoid with the two heavy wires attached please. Located under drivers side battery 24 valve.

Is this any good Frank? No wires I'm afraid but shows their connections.
https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/posts/1431911/
There's some pretty beefy solenoids available on Amazon and eBay for not a lot of money. If you Way overspec a replacement then it should do the job easily without burning out, assuming you want to replace it of course.

It's the wiring picture I need. I took the cables off to isolate the solenoid but then could not find a reliable way to insulate their ends. I thought it would be better just to disconnect the little control wire and reconnecthe cables for security. trouble is I did not note which way round they went. I think it matters as one pole shares the control wire and I don't want the next owner having incorrect wiring. I've also made notes on my mods to stay with the car.

Are you 100% certain that one pole shares the control wire Frank? Can't see why it should. I replaced mine with a non OEM relay with completely separate connections and it works fine. If the control wires are seperate it doesn't really matter which way round you connect the feed + load cables.

:text-+1: I would be horrified if it did tap off the main circuit for the control wiring without fusing down as that's a fire waiting to happen.

Two small wires to the coil, one bigee each to the bolt terminals.

I'll say what happened!! I traced one wire to the heater. The other one disappeared into a harness but I think I traced it to the fusible link box and confirmed with voltmeter. I then disconnect it at the link and confirmed with voltmeter. ( relay still fully connected ). Then I started the engine and tested the loose end by the fusible link and it read 14.7v. Then it fell off after a minute or so. I assumed this was coming from low current side. I then decided to undo the solenoid instead. In doing so I noticed that the "wire" going into the harness is in fact a double wire and obviously I had only traced one half to the fusible link. Was the 14.7v coming from this ? If It is defo safe to reconnect the heavy cables either way round I'll do that ? BTW there is a twin wire to the activation coil in the solenoid. Sorry it's a messy story.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back