Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interior lights failing

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
I've just ordered some LED bulbs for the interior lights becuase I thought the bulb had gone, which it hasn't, neither the front or rear lights work, I've checked the guage fuse in the front footwell also the dome light fuse in the engine bay and both are fine, , they dont work in any mode i.e on/off/door or even if I open other doors ! So any ideas what it could be ?
( I thought I'd fix this myself before I go aknocking at uncle Chris's door :lol: )

Thanks,

Nick.

I had this problem, turned out to be the door switches.

Who's that knocking on my door? (again) :lol: :roll:

Captain Fixit

You know it's coming don't you Chris? :thumbup:

I tried two doors and the rear door, so I don't think that is likely :think:

Nick.

I tried changing the fuses (twice) checked the wiring diagram (twice) scratched my head lots of times, nothing happened so Off I went to see uncle Chris :pray: :pray: :pray: this guy is absolutely amazing, his knowledge of all things mechanical and electrical is legendry, I'm so so happy and fortunate he lives only 5 minutes away.

This next chapter explains exactly what he did to remedy my lack of lights and you may want to copy this and save it somewhere in your archieves.............

He opened the door :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Chris just made it look so simple, I'm amazed I couldn't fathem it out, but there you go, you've either got it or you haven't !

Nick

Can't give away all my secrets you know Nick. How would I get you to pay me in cigars if I let you know how I fixed 'em?

Years and years of experience that was. I didn't just open the door. It was the way I opened the door.

Anyway, Missus finished trimming her bush after you'd gone, and I got my tubes sorted out nicely. Made a right mess all over the lawn though!

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I did feel myself blushing watching Mrs Chris trim her bush right there in front of me :chores-mowlawn: just as God intended. It was watching you hammering away at your tubes like I wasn't even there that made me turn on my heels :oops: :oops: :oops:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Nick.

I know. Quite a sight seeing her being stretched to the limit like that. Still, she managed those trimmers like a pro. I don't think that the neighbours really minded that much even though they seemed to kick up a fuss at the time. Mind you, I had to bang away for quite some time before I could finally come inside.

I shall get off to the dealers in the morning and see what they can offer. Their eyes should light up seeing a load that size, amazing how much I managed to stuff in really.

Chris

I did think to myself "bloody hell Chris's got a right load on there" and when I saw you putting it in I thought " He'll never fit all that in without my help" but sorry mate there's no way I was going to wrap my hands round your pipe ! One thing's for sure, you'd have never got it all in the back door of the love of your life !!!!!!

Nick.

No, I know. She'd just had a good clean round the back and when I appeared she shouted, "You're filthy, you're not coming in here until you get your things off!!" "Either that or get on your hands and knees and don't make a mess"

Good job you pulled out when you did, Mate.

Women, eh?

Chris

Don't think there is anything I could show you.

To be fair I had my hands so full that I couldn't have worked the camera. And my Missus doesn't really like people snapping her handiwork. Maybe when it's grown back and doesn't look quite so bare. Should be better with some sun on it now. I know mine grows better once it's more exposed. Practically shoots up on its own once it gets going. She tried to cut it off completely once, but with some coaxing, I got it back even bigger than before. She says I have magic fingers. Actually I think Nick secretly thought the same when he saw what I could do this afternoon. Maybe my Missus should come round and have a go with your Lass. I think they'd get on well together. Maybe get her to try some new things. Just easy stuff to start with working up to the bigger stuff in time, eh? You did say she'd been a bit reluctant in that area.

Chris

Reluctant wasn't the word l was thinking of ! It'd be good to see them both at it together, we could sneakily watch them through half drawn curtains, and when they were really engrossed, we could join them and make a foursome, I know it's not everyones cup of tea but I'd get so much satisfaction, I can just amagine you doing it with Mrs Nick, she'd be so shocked that she'd just go along with it untill you pulled out, she'd then stomp off and expect me to finish off on my own !!

Nick.

Oh I know. It was like that last we involved someone else. There's always someone wanting to be in charge dominating everyone else.

I shall stick a picture up later of her bush and me getting my load off.

Chris

You lot are obsessed with pics. Nick and I are just having a chat about fingering sockets, my Missus' bush and how I had a right job tube bashing in the garden.

Well I don't know if these will help. But for those oddly curious, here you go.

Here's what it looked like when the wife had finished. It was pretty wild and yet bald in places too. I think that she may have shaved a little too much off, but they reckon a good hard going over makes them spring up.

P1000240-1.jpg

Meanwhile I got to work on a huge pile. This has been lying around clogging a hole that I could shove something else in. I had to give it a bit of rough treatment to get it all stuffed in. Still, went to the dealer this morning and he gave nearly a £100 when I got my load up his ramp.

P1000239-1.jpg

Now is that OK?

Funny lot this bunch Nick.

Anyway, if your Lass has any trouble with her undergrowth, just give me a call. We'll come and trim it together.

Chris

Oh, is that all, my imagination was runnig wild. :lol:

My first lot of 16x LED's came today, put the front in and they're well bright, went to do the rear one and the festoon is larger so the bugger wouldn't fit, so me being me, I tried to bend the tabs over, one went OK, other one snapped, not the metal but the plugs that holds it in ! I'm assuming it's a simple solder job tomorrow morning, unless anyone knows otherwise ?

Nick.

BIG clean GREEN said:
.......I'm assuming it's a simple solder job tomorrow morning, unless anyone knows otherwise ?
Nick.

I seem to think that an early Sunday morning wake-up call for Uncle Chris is on the cards ........ :lol:

You might even be able to continue, where you two left off last week! ;)

:lol:

Back