Intervolt DCC Pro DC DC split charge system

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
Very happy with my Mk2 one of these. Not missing engine battery solar charging. It's not like it's being drained with the fridge etc running off the aux battery setup.

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Sorry Steve, I only have the mark 2s. If you really need it, with a bit of added faff and an intelligent bolt sensing relay I believe you can bridge it to solar charge charge the starter battery. Or simply fit a solenoid to link the batteries for that rare occasion where the cranking battery is flat. Or just keep a set of jump leads to jump from your own leisure battery if in the poo.
These will still function and auto switch if fitted in a trailer

SteveJB

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Thank you Rich will get in touch soon when bank account has settled has taken a big hit on cordless tools this week pictures to follow

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Quick update, I still have these cracking little units for sale (on account of being busy and not pushing them like I should) and will bring a couple with me to the pub meet if anyones interested.

Rich

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
After 2 years the Intervolt no longer charges the main battery from the solar when parked..... it has actually been like this all year now.

Will possibly be swapping it out for a Victron solar controller and Victron Dc to Dc charger.

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
According to Intervolt the DCC pro (Mk1) will charge the main battery when the vehicle is switched off provided there is enough power from the solar, plus charge the leisure battery.

Is your DCC Pro set to ignition control or voltage control?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
According to Intervolt the DCC pro (Mk1) will charge the main battery when the vehicle is switched off provided there is enough power from the solar, plus charge the leisure battery.

Is your DCC Pro set to ignition control or voltage control?
It is set to voltage control.
Parked out side the leisure batteries are sitting at 13.2v with 5w from the solar keeping them topped up.
The main battery never seems to go above 12.5-12.6 unless the vehicle is started.
As soon as it goes dark the Intervolt flashes intermittent Red which suggests "Main battery Voltage is too low to continue charging (<12.4V)". But when pressing the display to wake it us it says the main battery voltage is either 12.5 or 12.6v.

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Have you contacted Intervolt about this, Paul?

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Have you contacted Intervolt about this, Paul?
Yes they say it is not designed to charge the main battery. I'm pretty sure it did when I first fitted it.

Interestingly the Victron DC to DC charger and solar MPPT don't charge the main battery either.

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
The Mk 1 DCC would charge the starter battery. This is the feature that has been lost when the Mk2 came along with LiFePo4 charging capability.
I can’t remember if yours is a Mk 1 or Mk2 without looking back.

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
The Mk 1 DCC would charge the starter battery. This is the feature that has been lost when the Mk2 came along with LiFePo4 charging capability.
I can’t remember if yours is a Mk 1 or Mk2 without looking back.
Mine is the MK1

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Sounds like they are giving support based on the Mk2 (obvs). The other thing that strikes me is the 12.5v is the point at which the DCC switches to charge the starter battery. Are you noticing that the starter battery drops below this level when you would expect it to receive solar charge?