Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Intervolt DCC Pro DC DC split charge system

Very happy with my Mk2 one of these. Not missing engine battery solar charging. It's not like it's being drained with the fridge etc running off the aux battery setup.

Sorry Steve, I only have the mark 2s. If you really need it, with a bit of added faff and an intelligent volt sensing relay I believe you can bridge it to solar charge charge the starter battery. Or simply fit a solenoid to link the batteries for that rare occasion where the cranking battery is flat. Or just keep a set of jump leads to jump from your own leisure battery if in the poo.
These will still function and auto switch if fitted in a trailer

Last edited:
Thank you Rich will get in touch soon when bank account has settled has taken a big hit on cordless tools this week pictures to follow

Quick update, I still have these cracking little units for sale (on account of being busy and not pushing them like I should) and will bring a couple with me to the pub meet if anyones interested.

Rich

After 2 years the Intervolt no longer charges the main battery from the solar when parked..... it has actually been like this all year now.

Will possibly be swapping it out for a Victron solar controller and Victron Dc to Dc charger.

According to Intervolt the DCC pro (Mk1) will charge the main battery when the vehicle is switched off provided there is enough power from the solar, plus charge the leisure battery.

Is your DCC Pro set to ignition control or voltage control?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
According to Intervolt the DCC pro (Mk1) will charge the main battery when the vehicle is switched off provided there is enough power from the solar, plus charge the leisure battery.

Is your DCC Pro set to ignition control or voltage control?
It is set to voltage control.
Parked out side the leisure batteries are sitting at 13.2v with 5w from the solar keeping them topped up.
The main battery never seems to go above 12.5-12.6 unless the vehicle is started.
As soon as it goes dark the Intervolt flashes intermittent Red which suggests "Main battery Voltage is too low to continue charging (<12.4V)". But when pressing the display to wake it us it says the main battery voltage is either 12.5 or 12.6v.

Have you contacted Intervolt about this, Paul?

Have you contacted Intervolt about this, Paul?
Yes they say it is not designed to charge the main battery. I'm pretty sure it did when I first fitted it.

Interestingly the Victron DC to DC charger and solar MPPT don't charge the main battery either.

The Mk 1 DCC would charge the starter battery. This is the feature that has been lost when the Mk2 came along with LiFePo4 charging capability.
I can’t remember if yours is a Mk 1 or Mk2 without looking back.

The Mk 1 DCC would charge the starter battery. This is the feature that has been lost when the Mk2 came along with LiFePo4 charging capability.
I can’t remember if yours is a Mk 1 or Mk2 without looking back.
Mine is the MK1

Sounds like they are giving support based on the Mk2 (obvs). The other thing that strikes me is the 12.5v is the point at which the DCC switches to charge the starter battery. Are you noticing that the starter battery drops below this level when you would expect it to receive solar charge?

Interesting point, the main battery never drops below 12.5v so maybe it is being charged enough just to keep it from falling below there.
For the first couple of years I never saw the intermittent Red light flashing at night, so maybe the battery is getting a little tired, it's a Bosch one which I thought were decent batteries.

I have the MK1 version and have also just noticed the starter battery is dying. I do know the charger does still charge the starter battery under the right conditions but I’m not sure the starter constantly being pulled down to 12.5 is particularly good for it.

What I have noticed happening is that when there is enough sun to activate solar and the auxiliary battery is fully charged with no load on it, the charger will switch to charging the starter. However, the moment the aux battery voltage drops a bit the charger will immediately re-engage b2b charging and pull the starter back down to 12.5. So you invariably never have a fully charged starter in the morning or on an overcast day.

I have the MK1 version and have also just noticed the starter battery is dying. I do know the charger does still charge the starter battery under the right conditions but I’m not sure the starter constantly being pulled down to 12.5 is particularly good for it.

What I have noticed happening is that when there is enough sun to activate solar and the auxiliary battery is fully charged with no load on it, the charger will switch to charging the starter. However, the moment the aux battery voltage drops a bit the charger will immediately re-engage b2b charging and pull the starter back down to 12.5. So you invariably never have a fully charged starter in the morning or on an overcast day.
Only 2 years late replying to this Lorin :doh::eusa-whistle: Is yours set to voltage sensing or ignition sensing?

I am still stocking these units which are now LiFePo4 lithium battery ready. If you’re looking for a small footprint superbly made charger for a leisure battery then take a look at these as they are designed to survive working all day long under the bonnet in Australian heat. Mine is still installed with no issues and looking after my AGM leisure battery (which to be fair doesn’t get much use these days apart from occasionally charging cordless tool batteries). Anyone interested PM me for club member pricing.
Rich

Back