Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Introducing myself and 80 series

Mouse

I've been asked to intoduce my cars so here goes.
Name: Matt
Cars
As shown in the signature and hopefully a pic.
p87.jpg

Mods needed.... ARB diff locker, bash plates, rock slidders

So a quick intro

Welcome. Now, dare I ask, are you South African as well, or normal? :o :shock:

Chris

Hmmmmmm I'm not South African...normal.... may be... who knows! :lol:

Very cool :cool:

What lift are you running? Have you re-geared your diffs at all?

Oh ya, and welcome :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The diffs are standard as far as I know.... will find out soon as I need to do some work on the front diff. While out I will probably put a diff locker in it, ARB probably. The suspension lift is 6 inches, I believe. Has Rancho RS9000 shocks with manual hardness settings, so can make it ok for road and then set it to allow the axles to articulate more when off road. The tyres are 315/75/16's.

The car runs as standard in 2wd and push a button on the dash to engage H4, when using L4 4wd is automatically engaged. There is also manual free wheeling hubs so even if you select 4wd and they are not locked it won't be in 4wd. This 2wd/4wd conversion is apparently done to save the CVJ's with big tyres. I was told for 37"/38" inch wheels this is a necessity or get heavy duty CVJ's.

I've replace the Propshafts for heavy duty as well.

Hope this answers some of the questions, glad to hear you think i's ok. Any other questions just ask.

Cheers

Hi mouse i have just brought a rancho kit with adjustments you talk about and was told it was a six inch lift. Are you happy with it that high? Do you get alot of roll with the car. Toying with idea of putting it on my truck instead of selling the kit but really dont know. Did you buy the kit? If so,what cost do you have? Are the springs white?
karl

Hi Karl,

Yes I'm happy with it. I never fitted it, I bought the car with the suspension lift. I would say the shocks are good as when they are set to the hardest setting the LC drives about the same as a normal one, in terms of body roll. The handling is still pretty good even though it 6 inches higher and on MT tyres. The springs aren't white, they are green... they have a bit of rust as well.... but where green.

Hope that small bit of info helps.

Ye thanks mouse.
Dont know what springs are the ones i have then.Ill have to have a better look at them. I do use min for work and to tow sometimes. Not as much now as i have another truck for that. Just carnt make my mind up as dont want to ruin the handling i do have with it.cheers karl

Back