Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Irishman in Australia

joshcork

Hi All,

I've been bouncing around Australia for the last 6 years working and touring with my Prado. Recently moved over to Sydney, came here looking for some solutions but find a good gang here.

I'm interested in overlanding (did a massive trip last year), camping and exploring Sydney area. I'm sure there are events and adventures to get into with you lot so here's looking forward to the future

Welcome, Josh - good to have you on board the board... I might ping you some questions about driving across Asia (since from your profile pic I see you managed to get your car into Burma) in the next couple of weeks.

I saw you get barked at by Richard over there on the other page about central locking.... :)

Haha ye I can see he's well practiced with the barking :p

Sure thing I went all the way to Europe last year so ask away :)

Aww c'mon fellas there was no barking intended. :icon-cry: I love troubleshooting, it's part of my job but you do need some clues to go on.

Anyway, welcome Josh, good to have you on board. Be good to have some photos of your Cruiser, and any stories you have about your travels would be good too. :icon-biggrin:

Best wishes
Richard

Last edited:
Welcome Josh,
There are a few others based in Australia dotted around - I'm NENW NSW, but occasionally (reluctantly) go down towards Sydney.

Ed

Welcome, Josh - good to have you on board the board... I might ping you some questions about driving across Asia...

Sure thing Rob, here's a summary map of the journey

You're all good Richard, here's a shot of me and and the jeep in Pakistan

I'm working on a book of stories at the moment which is taking its sweet time

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Epic trip Josh! Has been one on my pipe dream list for a long time, but I've had to stick to Continental Europe for now..

I saw an Oz import Prado for sale here recently with the same bumper which is pretty unusual

Hi All,

I've been bouncing around Australia for the last 6 years working and touring with my Prado. Recently moved over to Sydney, came here looking for some solutions but find a good gang here.

I'm interested in overlanding (did a massive trip last year), camping and exploring Sydney area. I'm sure there are events and adventures to get into with you lot so here's looking forward to the future

Inspiring to say the least, thats pretty much the same trip im prepping for only ending in New Zealand.
Sat at my desk looking at your map and wishing it was time to set off.... still, gotta save that diesel money.
Look forward to hearing more of the trip and if you cross the Tasman there's a pint in it for ya :)

Josh, excellent. do you have any website/blog for your trip as would like to do some research.
You're in the land of 'cruisers' and jealous of all the gizmos and parts you can get over there.

Ps my wife is from Cork and we're now "settled" in Athenry until next trip (Africa etc..). Got the bug from years of 4x4ing in USA and did PanAm with kids just over a year ago. Leaves you hankering for more : )

Planning a long trip myself, so am very interested in your journey Josh and any blog you wrote or website you have of the journey. As the other guys have asked, any links at all please? Thank you!

I have no idea when my trip will take place - it'll be when we leave where I'm working, and it'll be the long way back to the UK and most likely via

Bhutan
India
Nepal
Myanmar
Thailand
Laos
China
Vietnam
Cambodia
Malaysia
Singapore
Indonesia