Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is Land Cruiser 200 still worth keeping and repairing

Jacob yes I ll be there on sat noon.

If it makes you feel better Raj....
Another 200 series AHC pipe failure on a friends one careful owner ..never been off road , pampered 200 series... also worryingly large amount of underbody rust due to poor or no anti rust treatment from factory on a UK supplied and spec vehicle....kept in a garage for much of it's life .

Sorry about that 200. I really take it personally n feel bad when a landcruiser fails for such small avoidable things. Ideally this rust treatment should come from Toyota as this is top of the range car in their company and they say itthat it’s made to last for 25 years on toughest terrain. Link to one of the advertisements. I watched every day for 2 years before buying n even now I watch it.

from my experience, now I feel I can repair in a fraction of price Toyota charges n keep it. learning to fix them on my own is another best way to preserve Landcruiser

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Raj, how did you get on with Krown? I guess you’ve had the truck done now?
Rich

Hi Rich
Got Krown treatment n he gave me a certificate. He told I need to top up in 2 years. Apart from that we really don’t notice anything different. It’s a transparent coat so underneath looks same as before

This one now repaired....as you say Raj ...Toyota prices for simple things like AHC pipes are beyond belief.
You've now got a good one ... have fun and enjoy it

Reactions: Raj
one thing to keep in mind when thinking about prices from Mr. T is that they charge in line with original prices these trucks were sold with, and the supply chain is also setup in the same way

Sherwoods Automotive are really good at rust proofing, they have a Facebook page too! Top job

I've got a 2003 100 series and I'm expecting the next thing to fail to be the AHC. Rusty shrouds on rear rams and rusty rear pipes.
If there was ever an opportunity for a good aftermarket fix, I reckon a replacement AHC pipe kit made from hydraulic hose instead of metal tube would surely be a winner? I know the fittings on end of hoses could still corrode but at least it would be easier to route flexible hoses around the chassis.

When mine got repaired, I noticed parts are not expensive. All those pipes, nuts, bolts, AHC parts n suspension arms from Toyota was 1600£. Those accumulators (round structures) don’t need replacement. It’s the labour Toyota told is expensive (40 hrs minimum). For independent mechanics as well it’s easy to replace AHC with normal suspension so difficult to find someone to do this job. I guess If AHC system is replaced once with new pipes n sensors, it ll go on for another 10 -20 years. Next time if it fails, I ll go for regular suspension. From the info I got from here n US site, it should cost around 2000£ for replacing AHC with regular one

Back