Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is that a puddle under my 80?

I'm just not remembering a 3.5" tube sticking out of the back of the TC, what would it connect to? There's a short sleeve that goes around the input shaft, but what's this tube Chris speaks of :)

EDIT: You need to upload the picture to one of the photobucket type sites Chris, attachments won't work on here.

Jon, tis done. Look back up the thread.

Chris

Cheers Scott. I couldn't ask you to go through that again. I shall do it myself, slowly and in pieces. I have had a look and splitting the T Box off the tranny has to be the right way. It gives you the chance to just move the box back and get to the TC I think.

I shall overcome.

Chris

Splitting the T box off makes it a lot easier to handle, ended up wishing I'd done that when I did mine.

Any comment on the tube that doesn't exist Jon. Hey maybe this sets the score at 10 - 1? :lol:

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Err you being right and me being err, well, uhm, like sorta, ahh, not exactly spot on? :cry:

Don't tell me it's 11-1?

That question about Polar Bear do-do was rhetorical!

C

I had a different picture in my mind from your description to the one you had :) a picture as they say is worth a lot so that's cleared that up and you are right there is a tube I didn't remember being as long.

Clearly its more like a hollow shaft rather than a tube!

Runs and hides...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Oh dear. We need a shakey-head smiley for that one.

It's a tube dammit. :roll:

Will order seal today.

Chris

Well maybe things aren't as dire as I thought. I wiped it all clean and dry after Lincomb when I found the leak and it didn't reappear whilst standing. No real surprise there. But having been for a good drive and letting it stand again, there is no reappearance of the leak. I suspect that the seal is on its way, but possibly the leak occurred when I was tipped nose down on some challenge or other on Saturday. It's not a pressure seal, it's really a splash seal and with it facing down hill perhaps the ATF was encouraged through it where it leaked out under the truck. I am still going to swap it, but I shall keep an eye one for the moment and plan a day to do it with the help of Lord Laughton :thumbup: and his 6 post ramp.

Chris

Well a postponement of the inevitable. Considering myself very lucky to have a Scott and and Andy in my address book. What a cracking forum this is, eh? Part came today but haven't had chance to pick it up. I'm hoping that I can remove and fit without having to remove any other gubbins. If I have to take the oil plate thing off, that might introduce more buggeration factors. We'll see. Still haven't found any reference to it in teh FSM though.

Chris

isn't the section at AT-33 of RM314E what you're looking for? AT-36 shows seal replacement? You sure you don't want me to take mine apart so you can see what's inside?

Ang on a bit. I'll have a shufftie. Been looking in there and not come up with a hit. I'll give that a nosey around Jon.

I don't think that it's very tricky.

Chris

OK, read that and I have been there. It just doesn't look like what I remember. Wish I'd taken pics. Jon, many thanks for the offer, I don't think this is difficult, it's just not what I recall when removing the TC. Which was dead easy.

Chris

The TC just slides on and off the input shaft so you wouldn't have messed with the oil pump. The input shaft the TC slides onto is 2 concentric shafts, the outer is the one being shown in the oil pump diagram. What you see with the TC removed is what is labeled in the FSM AT-33 as 'Oil pump body' and 'oil seal' with 11 bolts round the edge. Sticking out the middle of that is what's labeled as 'Oil pump cover' so the sticky out bit of that passes through the 'Oil pump Body' and 'oil seal' and is the larger outer shaft you slide the TC onto. Sticking out through the middle of all that is the OD input shaft or the 'drive' input to the gearbox which also goes inside the TC and is driven either directly when the TC is locked or indirectly when not locked. So you can pretty much ignore all that, pull the 'oil seal' by your chosen method and bang the new one on.

Cheers Jon. Makes more sense this morning, without the wine :oops:

C

Back