Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is there anything a Landcruiser can't do?

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
(Perhaps too much time on my hands but anyway)

So far my lwb 90 commercial has been:

- A comfortable and incredibly reliable daily driver (30k mies per year since 08)
- A van (transported engines, the entire contents of an Edinburgh flat, sets for plays, and a photocopier amongst other things)
- A trailer towing powerhouse (over 4 ton once)
- A surprisingly quick track car (see trip reports for nurburgring)
- A continental camper (again, trip reports)
- A recovery vehicle (both mud and snow)
- An unstoppable off roader (where I've been anyhow, including seriously damp peat bogs - up to the axles but never got it stuck)
- An object of desire for my mates
- A vehicle that I could not contemplate selling - not ever..

I never cease to be amazed by how truly versatile these trucks are - brought on by a chap offering me money for mine today - I had to apologise for laughing at the poor fella.

:thumbup:

Yes i have to agree my land cuiser gets used as the family mobil, sometimes work, towing the trailer etc etc etc.
Its the longest ive ever owned a car, i used to swap in every year but i have had the land cruiser three years now :D

Joe

Bob said:
(Perhaps too much time on my hands but anyway)

So far my lwb 90 commercial has been:

- A comfortable and incredibly reliable daily driver (30k mies per year since 08)
- A van (transported engines, the entire contents of an Edinburgh flat, sets for plays, and a photocopier amongst other things)
- A trailer towing powerhouse (over 4 ton once)
- A surprisingly quick track car (see trip reports for nurburgring)
- A continental camper (again, trip reports)
- A recovery vehicle (both mud and snow)
- An unstoppable off roader (where I've been anyhow, including seriously damp peat bogs - up to the axles but never got it stuck)
- An object of desire for my mates
- A vehicle that I could not contemplate selling - not ever..

I never cease to be amazed by how truly versatile these trucks are - brought on by a chap offering me money for mine today - I had to apologise for laughing at the poor fella.

How about break down every time you take it off the drive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about doing more than 16mpg, but in fairness that might be down to my driving style... :whistle:

I have a colorado and I'm quite impressed with its all round capability.

I recently made a trip all the way up scotland to collect a Toyota supra allong with another supra subframes and stuff. All of that plus the trailer weight was estimated at about 3.8 tons plus the back was full of stuff, and there were 5 adults on board. I was suprised of how well she managed to pull it all on the 600 miles back home, I think I only used the kickdown gear one :clap: And I managed to get 350 off the tank. :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Is that the new 'Toybota'?

I think its a better option than the reliable v8 rover engine version Toybota :lol:

Back