Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It is with great regret.

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
It is with great regret I am selling The Pheonix. Due to health problems I am unable to continue with my overlanding trips or offroading.

She is a UK spec 1994 HDT80 auto with 187,000 miles on the clock, body work is in very good condition, having been resprayed Nato green in Romania and all dents and scrapes removed. There is no rust having bee given the Krown treatment. It has been maintained mechanically with no expense spared. 100% of all work carried out by Julian at Overland Cruisers or Trevor at Freedom 4x4, with receipts as back up. I fully understand and do not expect to get back what I’ve invested in the truck.

Details are,

Allisport Intercooler
Auto box has extra cooling rad fitted.
Uprated brakes
3 working diff locks
Dobinsons springs front & rear with OME Shocks
4x4 R-Us rear bumper with wheel carrier

Cruise control has been fitted

Outback roof rack

Custom made rear ladder for roof access.
TJM Front winch bumper, and 12000lb winch
Wildsmith Rock sliders
Long range auxiliary fuel tank
On-board ARB Twin compressor with 2.5gl tank
Custom rear storage draws, one drawer converted for slide out fridge
20L water tank
IBS split charge system with 3 x Numax CXV-X 1000 Amp batteries
Pioneer flip up stereo/radio with hands free phone facility

In dash President Johnson CB

Nat Luna 50ltr Weekender fridge/freezer

48” LED light bar fitted to roof rack, 14” LED bar x 2 fitted to bull bar.

Safari Snorkel

All breathers connected to a manifold in engine compartment and run up snorkel
3” Prospeed Stainless steel exhaust system
Under body bash plates

265/75/16 Cooper STT Pro tyres, nearly new about 4500 miles used, spare unused.
And probably lots more, I just forget the rest right now…..

MOT due 1st September 2019

OK, it’s 25yrs old but if, and that’s a big if, it goes wrong you don’t need a degree in electronics to put it right again.

I’m looking for £11,000, this 80 has been a much loved member of the family for 15yrs so any silly offers will just be ignored

Last edited:
That’s a surprise Chas, I didn’t think you would ever sell your Cruiser…… Good luck with the sale.

Chas I know this must be a hard decision to make for you.

I'm sure it will find a loving home to be proud of and to be appreciated fully just like you.

I'm sure your travelling days are not over with a surprise way forward :thumbup:

A sad day indeed Chas. :icon-cry:
Good luck with the sale.

Ahem… gullwing doors? :eusa-whistle:
Angel eye headlights?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Chas

Good luck with the sale

Damn, a hard choice to have to make, best wishes to you.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's not a car you're selling Chas; it's a piece of history!

Sorry to hear that your wandering days are over. Nothing to stop you driving a keyboard or being a passenger though.

Hi Chas sorry to hear that sad day good like with the sale.

Sorry to hear that you're selling the Phoenix Chas.

As others have said, a bit of history, good luck with the sale

Sorry to hear that Chas, followed that car around for a week in romania, great machine. I'm sure you won't have trouble selling it, hopefully to a member

sorry to hear chas.

As stated. must be a hard thing to do mate. good luck with the sale mate.

Good luck with the sale Chas, sorry to hear you are having to give up a awesome 80.

Is it about time you move to a more luxurious 120.... Just as capable :laughing-rolling:

Sad to hear Chas. Best of luck with the sale

Sorry to hear you have to sell it Chas. It is a very well specified truck. Good luck with the sale.

I’ve been dreading the day you announce this Chas, sincerely a tough call but one you have little choice in.

I’ll vouch for it being virtually rust-free.

Very best of luck with the sale mate :thumbup:

That’s a surprise Chas, I didn’t think you would ever sell your Cruiser…… Good luck with the sale.
I didn't think I would sell her either but needing kidney dialysis three times a week doesn't leave much time for driving to foreign places. So when life gives you lemons you make lemonade so I will buy myself a more practical vehicle for daily driving.

Sorry to hear about your health problems Chas.your trips to Romania are a highlight for me on this forum not to mention the other other assorted "adventures" with the Phoenix.Perhaps a 120 would be a good daily driver?

Chas good luck with the sale and better luck with your treatment

Sorry to hear about your health problems Chas.your trips to Romania are a highlight for me on this forum not to mention the other other assorted "adventures" with the Phoenix.Perhaps a 120 would be a good daily driver?
Yes, I will be missing my "adventures" a great deal in particular the trips to Romania which opened my mind about Romanian people for which I have to thank Clive and his family, his father in law is an amazing man, he doesn't speak English but I'll never forget the lecture he gave us, in Romanian, about the Transfagaration Highway, if you ever go to Romania a definite must is to drive that road and thank Clive's father in law for it was he who made it happen, apparently he plotted the route on horseback. It was said by Jeremy Clarkson as the best driving road in the world!

Back