Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jaguar Land Rover Solihull site has engines 'worth £3m' stolen

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Engines reportedly worth £3m were taken from a Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) plant by thieves using a suspected stolen truck to hook up to trailers.

The truck was believed to have twice gone into the Solihull site on Tuesday night or Wednesday and the trailers have since been found empty, police said.

Sources claimed the first theft took just six minutes and took place in front of CCTV, Birmingham Mail said.

What would you do with them?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-38860695#pt0-749451

That has to be an inside job, it wasnt easy to just walk in when i had job interviews there

That has to be an inside job, it wasnt easy to just walk in when i had job interviews there

Absolutely. I worked there for three years and the gate security was very tight.

The trick in those days was to cut the fence and drive one away.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Difficult to get in to even in late 70's. I used to meet the Metalastic bush rep outside the main gates. He used to give me a boot full of new bushes every 6 months or so for the cars I was restoring. Pretty well all UK cars used standard Metalastic bushes in 50's 60's. Aston Martin would charge you say £80 for 1 bush but Morris £3 for the same thing. All I did was ring the rep with all the cast in part numbers. He said he could not be bothered doing a small (100) order invoice !! Good old days gone forever.

Back