Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just picked up a trailer.....and it came with a free boat!

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Just bought a boat trailer that needs a fair bit of work, but was a bargain, and it has a Fletcher Arrowflyte sitting on it which the owner gave me :cool:

I'm told it has a bit of rot in the wooden parts and is uneconomical to repair but the fibreglass bits look ok.

I only need the trailer for a project ex RN Rib i am buying so the boat can go to a good home for the usual donation to my fav charity.

Fletcher2.jpg

Fletcher1.jpg

Attachments

• Fletcher2.jpg
    Fletcher2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Fletcher1.jpg
    Fletcher1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 165
:shock: Nice one!

I might just be interested in that matey, I had to sell my old rib to fund my travels and not been on the water (except on my surfboard) for the last couple of years. I know what I'm doing when it comes to restoring GRP boats and I know where I can buy/steal/borrow a decent trailer, so really the only problem is the 200 odd miles between us! How long would you be able to keep hold of it?

Jim

Cool, bit of a catch 22 as need to shift the boat to be able to repair the trailer as its not fit for towing.
Just to be clear though, it is a completely empty boat with no steering or engine and needs the rot problem sorting.
Other than that you are welcome to it, any clue if you could pick it up?

Sorry Paul, no idea. I sometimes head down New Forest to see my cousins but they're in the middle of having their house rebuilt so it's not like I can just call in. I'll drop you a line next I'm heading down and if you still haven't shifted it I'll bring a trailer with me. Of course if you get fed up and want to scrap it that's fine.
Jim.

Jimbo4x4 said:
Of course if you get fed up and want to scrap it that's fine.
Jim.

Does this mean its back on the open market??? I'd be interested and I'm a little closer (IOW)...

I could also possibly find a way to pick up over the w/e.... :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back