Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just sold my Amazon V8, WHAT NEXT ?

Country Flag
uk
My beloved 2003 Amazon V8 Petrol, I have sold it.

I'm Mad as it only has done 80K miles !

But times change and I want to spend a bit more money on something newer and better.
Is the 200 series V8 Diesel anygood ?

I'm used to the instant launch from the V8 Petrol, Instant get up and go when the fast pedal is pushed :)

Is the new V8 Diesel the same, or is it a - wait a while and then it goes ?

I'm talking from a standing start, as we have loads of traffic here and have to pull out of junctions and roundabouts quickly .

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Brian

Its only a little bit wait and go, and its powerful too, Its too compromised in my opinion, falling between two stools and very heavy and it feels it

This doesn't mean its not good, but its not great, whether some Germanic offering could be of interest, Q7, ML etc I dont know.

HI,

I need a 7 seater which means only a few.
Q7 = Really boring everyone has one, the V12 is mental ! and very rare
Certainly not a Range Rover !!!!!
X5M very cramped if you can find one with the 7 seat option plus theres so many on the road (X5s) that is. But very very fast !

I took a Merc GL500 for a test drive last week and was very impressed.
I floored it from the lights and it just went like a rocket !
Not many about either.

The closest V8 Land Cruiser is 123 miles away from me, maybe theres some videos on YouTube ?

I really would like a Land Cruiser to be good for me, Maybe I have just sold the Best Ever :(

Hi,

Welcome, I can't help much with the V8 info but you should not ignore the 150, I have one and although not as fast of the line as the 200 I have had no problems with it.
I test drove both the 200 and the 150 and even though the 200 was a nice drive the 150 felt nicer to be in and is almost as capable as the 200, if the 200 was as nice inside I would have taken it. The biggest obstacle to get over was the £20000 price difference which I couldn't convince the wife that the 200 is that much better than the 150.

We were also looking for a 7 seater and I ended with 2 possible options as every other manufacturer for some weird reason has something against a spare wheel except for the Koreans and I couldn't convince myself to get one of those. We ended picking the LC over the LR because we want to go places and make it back home.

Back