Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

King Shocks

warrenpfo

I am starting to think ahead of these things that need doing and the list goes on and on. At the top between front and rear bumper and long-range fuel tank is remove the AHC and fit something that offers me the clearance of AHC on high and the comfort of AHC on normal whilst croozing the streets every day.

Having looked around there seems to be many an option out there but the one that keeps coming up time and time again is OME with springs and poly bags, cost to be established. The benefit is the adjustability the poly bags give you with load but everyday ride seems to still be on the hard side.

I was wondering what the King shocks give you that warrant the price and if them along with poly bags in the springs would give a better everyday ride due to the infinite adjustability they seem to offer.....BUT at one hell of a price it seems.

Don't know anything about the Kings besides what I read on mud but they sound similar to Fox and Julian should be able to tell you about those. If they're supplied ready configured for your needs that would save a lot of trouble otherwise you'll need someone to keep adjusting them for you. That's the main thing that made me choose the Bilsteins I have, just fit and forget.

I would agree Fox shocks are very good and yes they are expensive
I would not agree they are only good for off road use
In normal day to day driving the benefits probably don't justify the costs, but if you tend to have a 'push on' driving style the damping control is amazing
I had /have a set of OME dampers and found that with my stupid driving style I tended to overheat them and damping performance disappeared, they became too hot to touch and the paint blistered. I have not managed to overheat the foxes yet
On the adjust ability point, valve rate changes are a back to the workshop stuff, but I do have clickers that can adjust the rebound rate on mine which I can use to compensate for loading and driving style

Back