Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ70 For Sale

Roger Fairclough

As I am no longer able to enjoy the Toyota to it's full extent, the time has come to pass it on to someone who can use it for the purpose it was built.

Toyota Landcruiser II. This is a very rare motor with less than 30 still on the road.

Series KZJ70 (3 Litre)

Mileage 175,000 First registered 30 August 1994 and owned by me since 1997.

MOT until 21st September 2020.

Motor has been maintained to a very high level with services every 2500 miles.

List of additions and modifications:

1. Front bumper made from 5mm Steel Plate

2. Diff and tie rod protector made from 4mm steel plate. This guard also incorporates base plate for Warn M8000 winch. Winch has uprated motor and grease-able drum bearings.

3. Dobinson Plus 60 mm springs and OME shocks.

4. Front Axle knuckles rebuilt 2 years ago,

5. Rear Diff fitted TrueTrac diff carrier.

6. Rear Pinion fitted with solid spacer (No crush tube). All diff bearings changes at same time (approximately 12 months ago)

7. Rear bumperettes fabricated from 3mm steel plate. Fitted with fog lights.

8. CB Radio aerial mounted high up on offside ‘C’ Pillar.

9. Purpose built kit box mounted in rear. Box incorporates CB radio. Purpose built table mounted in rear.

10. Front seats replaced with Recaro Model Expert M. Each seat mounting fitted with slide out kit box.

11. Extra speakers in rear.

12. Electric rad fan with thermo & manual switches.

13. Engine air intake system fitted with 2 way valve. This replaces ‘snorkel’ systems which are prone to damage.

14. High volume windscreen washer pump and heated water tank fitted.

15. Over the last few year’s cylinder head, water pump alternator, tie rod joints and hand brake cable have been replaced.

16. Tyres are 31/10.50R15 Cooper AT3 with 10-11 mm tread. Spare is General Grabber AP unused.

To be sold separately: - 5 Steel Wheels fitted with BF Goodrich KM2’s 285/76/16.

4 have 12mm tread. Spare is brand new – 15 mm tread.

£5000 or nearest offer. Wheels and Tyres £350

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

Thank you Jacob for your comment. I have pitched it at what I think is a decent price with a no haggle policy.
Having seen other KJZ70's on Ebay maybe I should have asked for more !
Roger

I think there’s been a couple of exceptional examples going for up to 10k and suddenly everyone is trying it on.

A lot of the older SWBs on FB/eBay/Gumtree have been on there for ages and most are being gradually reduced.

I was half looking at getting something like this a few months ago. This one was just off the M4 so I stopped to have a look just for laughs. Comically overpriced at 9k.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1182255

I took this brown one for a quick spin in Newport. Nice and clean but not for 7.5k which was the asking price back then.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/293488692144

is it still for sale , do you have the rear seats ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sold subject to collection this weekend but thank you for your interest.

Cheers
Roger

Looks like a proper decent and looked after 70 Roger.
Hopefully going to a club/future club member?

I can safely say its arrived at its new home. Swapped it on to the mud terrains straight away. Drove the 2 hours back to Sheffield no problems at all, testement to Rodger the car is in fantastic condition for its age. Pleasure to deal with Roger and his wife, many thanks

IMG_20200308_142230.jpg IMG_20200308_143338.jpg

Lovely example, tastefully modified, still miss mine.
Glad its gone to good hands.

Looking forward to seeing that on the streets of Sheffield.

Only just spotted this......Ive seen this truck in the flesh and its probably the only UK type 70 I would have bought, a great truck.

Back