Land Cruiser 200 - nominated as best used Overlanding car

iwan_t24

I am in wales
Mar 28, 2011
Mid Wales
Definitely agree with you and also on the latest 4WD 24-7 it's the best offroad tow vehicle of 2021.. towing a 3 ton offroad caravan.. from whats available with other manufacturers.

I aim to buy one "one day!" Will have to wait and see for that though lol!

Grimbo

I am in great_britain
Dec 3, 2016
Interesting that despite what many of us luddites with 80's may say the 200 is packed with electronics and performs outstandingly in harsh environments .
I would also add my name to the 200 series potential owners list but thanks to Toyota UK's decision to stop importing them it's unlikely that will ever happen as good S/H ones are becoming rare here and the first ones are already beginning to rust badly underneath .
Would love a 200 with a slight stretch and a canopy .... if I win the lottery maybe ...just maybe ;-)

Reactions: iwan_t24

iwan_t24

I am in wales
Mar 28, 2011
Mid Wales
Yep @Grimbo a 200 is a dream.. but definitely better to do a full full resto on the 80.. new boot floor and sub floor, box metal cills and a thorough rust prevention treatment..

Be a better route and more effective on the wallet!

Later on the possible problems with electronic failure is an unneeded complication with the similar rust work! :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks