Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser A/V; Japanese to English

eurlcname

Good day all,

I'm stuck with a Japanese (JDM) 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser with a head unit (Fujitsu Ten BT015A) that, obviously, only displays and announces in Japanese and I'm hoping to modify/change its Audio/Video system's language (both voice and on-screen text) from Japanese to English if possible and hope you can assist;

Can it be modified via software and/or part replacement, otherwise, are there other solutions or providers that you can suggest?

BTW; living on an island, the actual navigation part (maps and directions..) is irrelevant to me but the rest of the functions (Parking assist, Text...) are.

Thank you.

eurlcname said:
Good day all,

I'm stuck with a Japanese (JDM) 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser with a head unit (Fujitsu Ten BT015A) that, obviously, only displays and announces in Japanese and I'm hoping to modify/change its Audio/Video system's language (both voice and on-screen text) from Japanese to English if possible and hope you can assist;

Can it be modified via software and/or part replacement, otherwise, are there other solutions or providers that you can suggest?

BTW; living on an island, the actual navigation part (maps and directions..) is irrelevant to me but the rest of the functions (Parking assist, Text...) are.

Thank you.

Any help?

Nuclear Chicken said:
:thumbdown:
Not too many 200 owners on here (yet) I think. Suggest you try a good Toyo dealer :think:

Hi,

Good day to you.

I am also driving a JDM model and am stuck with the Japanese stuff.

But, wondering, did you ever try the Hill Start Assist?

I experienced it once, when my wife was exiting a mall carpark and on a slope. She let go the brakes and we just moved off..no rolling back what so ever, and, shes not the kind that does the left brake, right accelerator kind.

I tried to replicate it several times, stopping on the slope, but evertime i release the brakes, the car will roll back and all the cracking noise, the alarms and the VSC will kick in.

Some say it is supposed to work like this - to slow the rolling back, others say you have to make a hard press to the brakes before u let go for the gas....the car will hold there for 3-5 secs...

Thank you very much.

Back