Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser BJ 73

Francisco Costa

Country Flag
portugal
Hello everybody.
Despite having little or no experience in mechanics I will get down to work and maintain my BJ.
Today was the day to change the oil, oil filter and air filter. I also took the opportunity to wash the engine, very superficial
IMG_20230622_162341.jpg

Next intervention, change the diesel filter. Does anyone have a link to a video on how to Make the change? As far as I know, air can get into the system and then the engine won't start. If anyone wants to give me some tips, I'd appreciate it.

Hey guys.
Some updates on Land.

I started disassembling some interior parts and removed the hard top.

Yesterday I already installed the rollbar that I bought 1 month ago.

I've already taken the measurements of the door panels and the sides and then made them out of wood.

Bad news, the front window frame is completely destroyed at the bottom and I will need to buy a used one, which is not easy to find.

IMG_20230708_154016.jpg

This piece has already been sanded and has a small hole in the right corner that will be fixed in the meantime.

Since it's summer, I'm going to take the Land for some rides, while I fix the parts that are dismantled.
Today I take a picture of the current state of the machine.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good to see you're making progress. You're in Portugal, right? Are you able to use Wallapop? I've seen doors on there recently and several junk yards that have BJ73 parts.

Good to see you're making progress. You're in Portugal, right? Are you able to use Wallapop? I've seen doors on there recently and several junk yards that have BJ73 parts.
Yes, I'm in Portugal and I have the Wallapop app and I've been researching parts for the BJ, but so far I haven't found anything interesting. thanks for the recommendation

Yes, I'm in Portugal and I have the Wallapop app and I've been researching parts for the BJ, but so far I haven't found anything interesting. thanks for the recommendation
Ola Francisco , The window frames in good condition are hard to find , mines had holes from the ferrugem , I had to buy the entire set of doors to get just the frames .. be careful to check them from the inside, usually they may look good on the outside but inside they might have a lot of rust.

Hey guys.
Some updates on Land.

I've already taken the measurements of the door panels and the sides and then made them out of wood.

Bad news, the front window frame is completely destroyed at the bottom and I will need to buy a used one, which is not easy to find.
I have a few borrachas for the hardtop and side windows that I bought extra ( brand new ) I also have used weather strips in good Condition for the doors

Ola Francisco , The window frames in good condition are hard to find , mines had holes from the ferrugem , I had to buy the entire set of doors to get just the frames .. be careful to check them from the inside, usually they may look good on the outside but inside they might have a lot of rust.
Já levei o aro a um chapeiro e ele disse-me que a estrutura inferior está demasiado afetada com a ferrugem. Disse para procura por um usado.

Já levei o aro a um chapeiro e ele disse-me que a estrutura inferior está demasiado afetada com a ferrugem. Disse para procura por um usado.
Which repair manual do you have?
Tirei um da internet e pareceu-me muito completo. Se quiseres posso-te enviar

I have a few borrachas for the hardtop and side windows that I bought extra ( brand new ) I also have used weather strips in good Condition for the doors
Podes enviar fotos do que tens por WhatsApp?
Se sim eu dou-te o meu número por mensagem

Guys, after seeing the YouTube link they posted here about changing the diesel filter, I did the change on my BJ and it was super easy.
I installed the hardtop belts and already put the hood support for the front glass.
Unfortunately I couldn't take great pictures because it started to rain

Tirei um da internet e pareceu-me muito completo. Se quiseres posso-te enviar
Tenho , just wanted to see if it was different than mine :) .. tens el del motor ?

Attachments

• Manual VM-Spanish4.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 30
better tell me what you need , because I have a few boxes full of parts and its all mixed with the parts I'm using for my BJ
Quando estiver junto ao jipe tiro uma fotos do que está em falta. Algumas das peças nem sei, porque ele está incompleto e há coisas que desconheço deste modelo.
Falta-me a peça de plástico da foto

Attachments

• IMG_20230714_145841.jpg
    IMG_20230714_145841.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 6
Hey guys.
Some updates on Land.

Send Photos , I have a friend that might have one ... I have the bottom borracha for that

Back