Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser insurance

Pierre

I have a Toyota Land cruiser 120 and I am looking for a good insurance company, can anyone recommend one.
Thanks

for non modified, and no offroad direct line is one of the cheapest
if modified and you want offroad cover then look at NFU Mutual

I was with NFU for years,
Then for the sake of a few quid, I tried these other guys who are on the forum, with sponsoring.
I think I have a 5000 mile limited miles, but to be honest, this year looks like it won't even be 5 miles driven.

About £360 I paid.

Gra.

I'm insured with Co-op insurance - only because that's what came up cheapest after running a comparison. Also, could have gone cheaper, but wanted 3rd party cover on other vehicles (drive my parents cars occasionally, as well as sometimes borrowing a tow car on a rally and use it for marshalling)

Think I'm paying about £300 for insurance on my 90.

If it's stock, run through a comparison on comparethemarket and moneysupermarket, sometimes they will let small mods go through

Last edited:
I've just (an hour ago) insured with Chris Knott off here:
http://www.ckinsurance.co.uk/

They are price matching at the moment, basically I got a decent policy, from a friendly and knowledgable broker for the price of a buget policy off go compare. I cannot praise the service i received highly enough.

£342, plus a great deal on monthly payments, Which is around half what it was last year!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Standard 2009 LC4 through direct line £229

D
I can't see how that can be done quite frankly.
Are they giving some thing equal to 90% NCD, ?

Gra.

sounds possible Graham, cheapest i found was £280, and I've got points. My insurance has dropped considerably relative to last year.

OK, maybe

So perhaps with max no claims,

You agree to the first £2000 damage

Low limited annual milage.

No glass cover

No hire car

No legal

No other drivers.

No nothing , , , , , ,

What have I missed off?

Gra.

Graham,

No I had full benefits, no limitations and only a £250 excess and NCD protection with direct line for less than £300

but they dont do modifications or off road cover, When I notified them that I had fitted the snorkel they cancelled my insurance.

hence I am now with NFU at about £700 for full cover and mods and offroad.

Also I have no points and 19 years NCD

Our LC3 is £380.00 with the 'nodding dog' for me and the wife with 3 years no claims and maximum of 8,000 miles p/a.... (no off-roading or mods)

Last edited:
I've just (an hour ago) insured with Chris Knott off here.... I cannot praise the service i received highly enough.
You will find most places are extremely nice when they are taking your money off you.... the test of a good insurance company is if you ever find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you have to make a claim.

NFU might not be the cheapest, but their claim service is second to none. Oh and they cover Morocco too which is a must for me.

Last edited:
OK, maybe

No glass cover

No hire car

No legal

No other drivers.

No nothing , , , , , ,

What have I missed off?

Gra.

Gra, why do you feel the need to be so doubting and negative about the cost of Devil's Insurance? I can't see why you feel the need to comment.

You will find most places are extremely nice when they are taking your money off you.... the test of a good insurance company is if you ever find yourself in the unfortunate situation where you have to make a claim.

NFU might not be the cheapest, but their claim service is second to none. Oh and they cover Morocco too which is a must for me.

Lol, you're not wrong, but it's nice to find someone willing to spend an hour on the phone to save you money and get you a decent policy. In the end I went for a policy that cost a bit more, from highway insurance, part of LV.
Chris Knott is a broker, not an insurance company, but they were knowlegable, helpful and got me a better policy for less money than I could have done online.

OK, maybe

No glass cover

No hire car

No legal

No other drivers.

No nothing , , , , , ,

What have I missed off?

Gra.

You`re right was £1XX + protected no claims + legal + hire car cover took it to £229

10000 miles
£500 excess
£75 glass
no offroading or mods

I,ve never claimed in over 21 years,never had a fault accident, i have another car, i,m a low risk, car is garaged or very least in locked drive and have my house, cars, business all with Direct Line.

Had 1 business claim and it was dealt with in weeks, I can not see past them for insurance.

D

Last edited:
Well that's a great price.
Far better than I have ever been able to get.
Who was it with?

Gra.

Its Direct Line, I am totally standard they dont except any modifications but i dont intend on any. Quite happy with a standard car

D

I'm with Admiral forno other reason than they were the cheapest. £400 for a standard 120 incl business use fully comp etc. Three claims between my mrs and myself (2 at fault and 1 no fault) and 3points, so I think I did quite well.

If your 120 is standard and no off roading, then use the comparison sites, you should be able to get a good deal.

As Bat21 observed above, the real test of an insurance company is when you make a claim. My wife pranged our previous 4WD approx 4 years ago and I found Direct Line's chosen body shop to be close to useless in terms of timescales, lack of customer service and, worst of all, failing to repair the paintwork properly.

No doubt this was down to the individual bodyshop in question but I won't go with Direct Line again regardless of price.

Back