Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser LJ70 from the the land of the rising sun

qbartx

Country Flag
great_britain
I'm not leaving the forum lol it's just a link to my FB page but forum engine is warning you that by clicking the link you'll leave the forum and open external website ;)

Mike M

Country Flag
scotland
Hi Mike,

I haven’t been able to check the forum in a while too much work.

Wow you work in Aberdeen. You have to let me know next time you bring your car to check it out if that is OK.

By the way, is my understanding the car you bought bring a petrol engine? Do you know what the CO2 emission for this car is? I have been try to find this information everywhere but I can find it.

When you brought your car to the UK how did they determine what road tax you had to pay assuming they did not know the CO2 emission?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Ed

I know the feeling, could be a while before im back in Aberdeen as we are all working from home for the foreseeable. Saves abit of petrol haha.

Yeah the cruiser is a 1grfe 4.0ltre V6 petrol. Tax is £260 a year which is the standard import car tax band. Not sure about emissions, i dont know if those figures were needed for the IVA or if they use a general guideline figure as its an import and formal specifications were never available in this country. Certainly wasnt an issue.

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
@Sabilco13 looking at your HZ mark, I guess you have driven something with that engine in there right ? it's great, it's just not a HD.

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
@Mike M yeah, I pay that sort of tax on my 105 with the Hz, and can go most places (still..)

Sabilco13

Country Flag
uk
I know the feeling, could be a while before im back in Aberdeen as we are all working from home for the foreseeable. Saves abit of petrol haha.

Yeah the cruiser is a 1grfe 4.0ltre V6 petrol. Tax is £260 a year which is the standard import car tax band. Not sure about emissions, i dont know if those figures were needed for the IVA or if they use a general guideline figure as its an import and formal specifications were never available in this country. Certainly wasnt an issue.
Hi Mike,

Many thanks for the info. I was thinking they have to pay £570 a year according to DVLA but it seems they are commercial vehicles I think.

You may be saving quite a bit on petrol because they are thirsty beasts. Is not that right?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them