Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser LJ70 from the the land of the rising sun

I'm not leaving the forum lol it's just a link to my FB page but forum engine is warning you that by clicking the link you'll leave the forum and open external website ;)

Silly me :grimacing: thank you!!!. Great stuff you do with the cruisers :handgestures-salut:

Hi Mike,

I haven’t been able to check the forum in a while too much work.

Wow you work in Aberdeen. You have to let me know next time you bring your car to check it out if that is OK.

By the way, is my understanding the car you bought bring a petrol engine? Do you know what the CO2 emission for this car is? I have been try to find this information everywhere but I can find it.

When you brought your car to the UK how did they determine what road tax you had to pay assuming they did not know the CO2 emission?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Ed

I know the feeling, could be a while before im back in Aberdeen as we are all working from home for the foreseeable. Saves abit of petrol haha.

Yeah the cruiser is a 1grfe 4.0ltre V6 petrol. Tax is £260 a year which is the standard import car tax band. Not sure about emissions, i dont know if those figures were needed for the IVA or if they use a general guideline figure as its an import and formal specifications were never available in this country. Certainly wasnt an issue.

@Sabilco13 looking at your HZ mark, I guess you have driven something with that engine in there right ? it's great, it's just not a HD.

@Mike M yeah, I pay that sort of tax on my 105 with the Hz, and can go most places (still..)

I know the feeling, could be a while before im back in Aberdeen as we are all working from home for the foreseeable. Saves abit of petrol haha.

Yeah the cruiser is a 1grfe 4.0ltre V6 petrol. Tax is £260 a year which is the standard import car tax band. Not sure about emissions, i dont know if those figures were needed for the IVA or if they use a general guideline figure as its an import and formal specifications were never available in this country. Certainly wasnt an issue.
Hi Mike,

Many thanks for the info. I was thinking they have to pay £570 a year according to DVLA but it seems they are commercial vehicles I think.

You may be saving quite a bit on petrol because they are thirsty beasts. Is not that right?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi everyone,

Finally my Land cruiser has arrived.

I was working on connecting the rear fog light that it is a government requirement in the UK for cars to pass the annual MOT so I can register it and finally drive it.

However, while working in it I probably made a short circuit because my reverse lights and my back camera stop working. I suspect it may be a blown fuse. However, there it is, where I have my problem. I found the electric diagram for the reverse light and it take me to the Gauge fuse but I cannot find this fuse anywhere. I have attached pictures of the electric diagram, and the pictures of the only fuse case I can find in the car and some pictures for the meaning of each fuse.

If the fuse is not blown I think it may be the back-up lamp switch that needs to be changed. Still. I would like to find the Gauge fuse and check it before changing the back-up lamp.

If anyone of you have this car model (HZJ71V) or something similar or have an idea where that fuse may be I would appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Electrical wiring Back up light.pdf
    432.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Fuses.pdf
    65.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4230.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4232.JPG
    IMG_4232.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4233.JPG
    IMG_4233.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4235.JPG
    IMG_4235.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4234.JPG
    IMG_4234.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 37
Nice truck! Certainly sounds like a fuse doesn't it, especially if you were working on the wiring when it broke.

I don't have a 70 but that looks like the internal fuse box - is there an additional one under the bonnet that you can check?

Hi Karl2000

Thank you very much for your comment and suggestion.

I did go under the bonnet but I couldn’t see any other fuse box anywhere, it is driving me crazy.

Hmmm!! Maybe someone else will respond - I can't believe that's all the fuses on the car - there must be some more fuses and relays!

I take it you've checked all the 10A ones you can see, just in case?

And its a good excuse for some under bonnet pics so we can all get the magnifying glass out

Yes, ended I have. Ok I will post some pictures no problem thank you:smile:

I've got a feeling what you are looking for is lumped in with the fuse marked 'tail', pull I it and look or see if your tail lights work.
I've never come across another fuse/relay box on my 78, except the one in engine bay marked 'Power'. IIRC there is just one big fuse in there and spare connectors for high powered gear like winches.

HI tractionman,
Many thanks for your suggestions. I tested each fuse with a multimeter. Most of them work fine the once that didn't give me any readying (I don't know why?) I changed the fuses for newones and still didn't give me any reading. What really confused me is that according to what I have been reading the Gauge fuse is linked to 'gauges and meters, service reminder indicators, warning buzzers and back up lights' if it is the fuse which is blown all the gauges should be dead too but that isn't the case, which make me think the fuse may not be the problem then

Never seen one in that shade of metallic green Or is it my eyes nice truck

That's that suggestion busted then. A fusable link then ? no idea what it/they control or where they are, sorry.

Most of them work fine the once that didn't give me any readying (I don't know why?)
Hmm.... How did you test them? Just wondering why one didn't give any reading - presumably its not broke.

Do you get continuity across it?

What else are you testing, voltage drop across it or something else?

Back