Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser 90 series rear diff repair help please .

RTV sealant should do

Glad to hear its working and you didn't resort to removing the accuator, as they cost £400 and it could have got trashed in removal process

so was it working OK all the time do you think? or moving the rod got it going?

i tend to try and activate the lockers on my vehicle at least once a month if i haven't been using them for offroading or getting stuck in snow... to keep things moving

Its been a minor irritation since i bought the truck , it didn't work , every time i'm left in the truck waiting for someone i would be going back and forth and up and down pavements trying to make it stop flashing . Everyone in the doctors surgery must think i've ran out of medication coz their carpark has seen my antics a few times lol . I reckon a few taps with the ratchet handle may have been enough to free it up but possibly my messing with the actuator trying to unclip the connection might have created a spark where there was none before ?

Now its working i will be sure to engage it once a week even if its only for a few seconds . It filled the day anyway coz my mate didn't turn up with the props and jacks he promised so body lift tomorrow maybe . And that will make a coat of wax oil easier to apply but don't tell the Mrs shes been askin me to varnish the kitchen table for weeks .

Back