Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser Amazon 1999 HDJ100 manual Cornwall

wedgetail

Country Flag
australia
Toyota Landcruiser HDJ100 Amazon manual 255k miles. 1999 GX. Located Cornwall. I’m advertising this for my best mate (he’s essentially a brother), who’s not a member here but I feel this is a suitable market place for it. I helped him buy it, but he’s since realised it’s too big for him and his family and he’s not towing like he thought he would.

Good points:

• It’s in all round good condition.
  • rear factory diff lock (currently not working)
  • Factory roof rails (not currently fitted)
  • BT touchscreen stereo
  • Will have 12m MOT
  • Just had rear prop shaft reconditioned
  • GX trim level means straight coil spring rear suspension rather than troublesome self levelling, and no complex ESC

Bad points

• has had rust in rear cross member but this was welded up. No other known rust though.
  • Being a permanent 4wd system backlash through both diffs, drive flanges and uni joints creates the characteristic clunky gear changes if you drop the clutch
  • being a 22 y/o HD 4wd it has the usual signs of use

Price is £7500 firm, or part exchange for smaller diesel 4x4 wagon eg pathfinder or Colorado. PM for phone number

LCAQf6k.jpg

fiVGSrg.jpg

clAT9Ev.jpg

2sieVl6.jpg

1APvHnf.jpg

oDhlM8L.jpg

jTSEtyH.jpg

XZmBlOI.jpg

wniDRKx.jpg

6aJrfuC.jpg

Did your mate fit the stereo himself? I've got pretty much the same car although it's the VX and I need to do the stereo but not sure what fitting kit to get..

No he bought it like that. However, it’s just a regular double DIN fitment, to Toyota wiring. All Toyota stereo wiring plugs are the same from at least 1998 to current - I’d assume earlier. Although you need a coax to square plug antenna converter from about 2007 onwards I think it is.

I generally fit later Toyota BT head units to 100 series - you need to trim about 12mm each side off the trim of the pre 2002 ones as later Toyota double DIN are actually oversize, but pre 2002 are easy with regular aftermarket double DIN

Cheers, I've got a wiring harness so I'll probably just need the coax plug and a new stereo and probably some new speakers as well..

Back