Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser lj70 [creepycruiser]

Looks good. :thumbup:

What did you buy to get the Trail Gear and Longfield stickers? :think:

Uhh.. I dont know... :lol:

They came in one of the boxes, so something that goes with the winch i guess! Or my supplier just threw 'em in as he sells their stuff here aswell!

I got a bit curious to the sound without mufler a couple of weeks back, so i removed my system and only ran a 3" downpipe :icon-twisted:

Now that i have 3 weekends before me with offroading i dedicated the afternoon to welding up a new 3" system without muffler, this is the result :mrgreen:
17785662070_92b8a3d6f7_c.jpg2015-05-22 16.36.30 by Vc1r, on Flickr

A company opened in town where you can go and get parts directly from the cars! The first 2 hours everything was free, so i was there battling over a 1000 other people and scoring a set of mercedes E-klass leather seats! I forgot to take a picture of them mounted, but here is one of the mounts i fabricated..
17785423638_46aedb3d95_c.jpg2015-05-03 11.00.22 by Vc1r, on Flickr

I finally have tested the articulation fully! Here it's dangling in the air!
17785704730_ca313b65ee_c.jpg2015-05-03 10.48.56 by Vc1r, on Flickr
17350748154_e3b4d27225_c.jpg2015-05-03 10.47.57 by Vc1r, on Flickr

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great update! :thumbup:

Exhaust and seats look awesome! :icon-wink:

Still cant believe you got the seats for free! Thats amazing! :icon-surprised: :clap:

Love how well it flexes off road! :icon-twisted:

:whistle:
19433323232_58679748cc_c.jpg11707897_10200691937938656_290869523047630227_o by Vc1r, on Flickr

Also it seems that my Pre-heat timer has gone bust.. Light flicks for a second, and relay just clicks at once aswell, found out where the water temp sensor sits, so i unplugged that and measured up the pre heat timer under the dash, Turned out it's just rubbish according to the FSM..

Luckily we have a guy here in Sweden with lots of Landcruiser parts, he said he has some of those, but he is gone until 5th August, so gonna have to wait until then!

Also removed the cooler the other day as it almost boiled couple of days ago in a particulary boggy hole :icon-twisted:
19666308695_eb48fe09ee_c.jpg2015-07-13 11.34.19 by Vc1r, on Flickr

Me two as I've disconnected my handbrake as causes nothing but grief
also where u get ur sticker kit from victor??

Euro4x4parts.com before they redid their webpage and stickers.. Now they cost you some money, but i did see they offer 4 free ones..

Sounds awesome I need get 3 inch system made for mine after few more things I need get done truck looks sweet too victor

Wasn't the pre heating timer.. It was an alternator that had a stuck brush!
That caused me to loose glowing, temp gauge, and charging.. Now fixed and works perfectly..

Now i'm trying to sort out my parking/instrument lights.. Front left parking light works perfect, other 3 corners is DEAD. no voltage to them.. All fuses are intact.. Plate light is also dead.. Followed the harness deep into the dash and found the relay panel.. Found a small round one that clicks when you twist the light switch to the first position, and that lights up the left front corner..

I took apart the connector to the cig lighter, and fed the cable for parking/instrument lights with 12 volt straight from the battery, and everything worked FINE, except for front left, which i had to turn on the parking lights for..

I am absolutley >< THAT close to just giving this thing the finger... Any suggestions?

After 1½ day of troubleshooting i seriously got fucking tired of this shit and just hacked a wire from the functioning front left parking light, to the right one, thus still having the problem, but bypassing it somehow, now all my lights work..

So now that it works i aint gonna touch it anymore :eusa-snooty:

Seriously tempted to make a new loom alltogether, so much old shit in this one, loose wires, old connectors and shit.. Much of the cables have oxidized aswell, so the copper is all green inside.. Yummy! But i aint an electrician, so that's probably not gonna happen, atleast not until i rebuild it totally :icon-twisted:

At least you've kind of fixed it! :icon-smile:

I hate fault finding in auto electrics! :thumbdown:

Love the articulation! :clap: :icon-twisted:
19433323232_58679748cc_c.jpg

I no it's silly but have u tried swapping the wires round on the terminals ? That all I can think of??

I've never really understood the cost -v- benefit of all this articulation on a truck that does not have a hinged chassis. After all, if 3 wheels are on the ground and the 4th has fallen down a hole causing articulation like this then surely the only weight that will be on it at this time is the weight of the axle and wheel itself and that, as a proportion of the whole, does not add up to a great deal of purchase. Obviously, things change if the car moves and with it the weight distribution. Just askin' you know, not trollin'... :think: :icon-biggrin:

I've never really understood the cost -v- benefit of all this articulation on a truck that does not have a hinged chassis. After all, if 3 wheels are on the ground and the 4th has fallen down a hole causing articulation like this then surely the only weight that will be on it at this time is the weight of the axle and wheel itself and that, as a proportion of the whole, does not add up to a great deal of purchase. Obviously, things change if the car moves and with it the weight distribution. Just askin' you know, not trollin'... :think: :icon-biggrin:

You would be surprised at how much weight is pressing down on that tyre, it will most of the time have enough traction to get you through what your doing, especially vs not enough flex, also makes it a lot more stable, as a comparison my mate had a vid of a truck with little articulation and twin lockers and his with open diffs but huge flex and in an uphill cross axled obstacle only the flexy one did it

Back