Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser lj70 [creepycruiser]

Finally got around testing out the new flex with the Pro-comp dampers! Bit more difficult as we got more snow, so it was pretty damn slippery, and i was on road pressure, so i had a hard time even with both lockers, but managed to get a few shots ;)

16170811797_4c59d5b195_c.jpg2015-01-24 15.09.10 by Vc1r, on Flickr

Right hand croner almost toouching the ground ;)
16355825692_058f260c5c_c.jpg2015-01-24 15.06.34 by Vc1r, on Flickr

I do however believe it still has got some to give! But as said, it was so damn slippery this was as far as i managed to get!

Getting the coils delivered on monday too, so hopefully i'll get'em mounted on Friday ;)

Damn good travel B) the round headlight 70s definitely flex better than the squares

Here's some pictures of the new flex and ride-height after the new coils and dampers! Had to make 3 new mounts for the rear, and raise the upper ones a little bit!

16355825692_058f260c5c_c.jpg2015-01-24 15.06.34 by Vc1r, on Flickr

16354960301_7da1349018_c.jpg2015-01-24 15.06.43 by Vc1r, on Flickr

16170811797_4c59d5b195_c.jpg2015-01-24 15.09.10 by Vc1r, on Flickr

16402850565_84e5bfba3a_c.jpg2015-01-30 14.17.04 by Vc1r, on Flickr

I do think i have some more flex to give than in those pictures, because it was pretty slippery on road pressure! Turned to ice under the wheels instantly!

here's a couple of before piccies!
15958327630_6d609c1ef1_c.jpg2014-12-29 13.39.18 by Vc1r, on Flickr

15183506793_6671bbbbb4_c.jpg2014-11-16 10.41.05 by Vc1r, on Flickr

Now i just gotta get a longer rear brake hose, and rearrange the handbrake cable! Tight as a guitar string!

Hmmm..

I got a pretty interesting offer from a guy i know couple of days ago..
He's gonna sell his kzj70 pretty soon, and wondered if i was interested.. It comes without wheels, batteries, and winch, but it's got something i'd like to have in my lj70.. The 1kz-T :icon-twisted:
He's asking £2000 for it, with a leaky transfer case, and rust repair started on one side.. My idea was to chop it up, take the motor (possibly trans) and resell the other stuff.. However, i believe the 1kz bolts up to te 2l-t's gearbox, right?

I'm kind of split on the decsision.. On one side there's plenty of work to do it, and on the other side it's a deal i pretty much could go +-0.. And get the engine i've wanted...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks awesome in your pics! :clap:

Had to make 3 new mounts for the rear, and raise the upper ones a little bit!

Any pics or info on what you did? :think:

Hmmm..

I got a pretty interesting offer from a guy i know couple of days ago..
He's gonna sell his kzj70 pretty soon, and wondered if i was interested.. It comes without wheels, batteries, and winch, but it's got something i'd like to have in my lj70.. The 1kz-T :icon-twisted:
He's asking £2000 for it, with a leaky transfer case, and rust repair started on one side.. My idea was to chop it up, take the motor (possibly trans) and resell the other stuff.. However, i believe the 1kz bolts up to te 2l-t's gearbox, right?

I'm kind of split on the decision.. On one side there's plenty of work to do it, and on the other side it's a deal i pretty much could go +-0.. And get the engine i've wanted...

Do It!!! :thumbup:

The 1KZ-T is an awesome motor in an LJ70, so much torque and power, you will love it! :icon-twisted:

The engine will bolt onto your transmission but you will also need to use the bell housing off the KZJ70. Use your transfercase as IIRC the gearing is lower in the LJ70 box so it actually works out better when fitting bigger tyres than using a KZJ70 box.

You should end up with lots of spare parts to sell on and a few nice bits for yours.

The KZJ70 has bigger front brakes with vented disks and bigger rear drum brakes, both of which will be a nice upgrade, if your really lucky it might even have rear disc brakes like the LJ78/KZJ78.

The gearbox would be worth keeping as a spare for yours, as would the axles, prop shafts, steering column, doors, and fuel tank.

You should easily make your money back with selling your old engine and some of the parts off the KZJ70. :icon-biggrin:

This is what I did if you havent already seen it:

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...s-3-Litre-1KZT-Engine-Conversion-2-4TD-to-3TD

Looks awesome in your pics! :clap:

Any pics or info on what you did? :think:

Do It!!! :thumbup:

The 1KZ-T is an awesome motor in an LJ70, so much torque and power, you will love it! :icon-twisted:

The engine will bolt onto your transmission but you will also need to use the bell housing off the KZJ70. Use your transfercase as IIRC the gearing is lower in the LJ70 box so it actually works out better when fitting bigger tyres than using a KZJ70 box.

You should end up with lots of spare parts to sell on and a few nice bits for yours.

The KZJ70 has bigger front brakes with vented disks and bigger rear drum brakes, both of which will be a nice upgrade, if your really lucky it might even have rear disc brakes like the LJ78/KZJ78.

The gearbox would be worth keeping as a spare for yours, as would the axles, prop shafts, steering column, doors, and fuel tank.

You should easily make your money back with selling your old engine and some of the parts off the KZJ70. :icon-biggrin:

This is what I did if you havent already seen it:

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...s-3-Litre-1KZT-Engine-Conversion-2-4TD-to-3TD

I dont have any pics of what i did, but i'll explain..

Stock shocks are eye/pin on one side and eye/eye on the other.. New ones are eye/pin on both..

To raise the one on the left side i took 2 box sections and welded together to get the height, the lower one i opened up to fit on the round crossmember above the rear axle, placed that one on the crossmember and welded it on! Next i had ground off the stock pins for the eyelets, took one and welded it onto the box section.. This however was my third attempt at a mount :doh:First tried the opposite side of the crossmember and between the axle and handbrake cable, but then decided it was too tight of a squeeze... Then i tried another place, and found it it was too far forward, so the damper would sit at a weird angle...

Now i had the height to have the pin not stick down under the stock lower mount, which was my goal.. So i fabcricated a U in a 5mm steel plate, and welded it onto the old lower mount.. I also did some reinforcements on both Upper and lower mounts!

The other side is pretty much identical, just on the other side of the axle..

If i remember i'll get some photos when i get under it again and fix the handbrake cable and brake line..

Well, since i am still living with dad, he's got a say in things aswell, and as he rather see i'd not do this deal right now i'm gonna have to stick with what i got.. We just got into a new house, with very limited garagespace, and not much space outside either, and on top of that we're planning on building a new garage in the near future... It's a shame though, but it is what it is.. i'll just have to bide my time and do something even more radical when we got the garage up..

Im looking at a new winch at the moment, and currently i am torn between the superwinch talon 9.5sr and dragonwinch highlander 9000HD.. Thoughts on the two?

Quite a few of the guys on here run Goodwinch winches and speak highly of them. :icon-smile:

Personally I like Warn 8274's once they've had a few upgrades made. :icon-twisted:

yes, the 82's is pretty nice, but they are quite pricey new, and the second hand ones are far between around here!

The goodwinches is pretty epic too though, as you can upgrade to larger drum, Bow3 motor, air-operated free-spool etc.. :icon-twisted: with Bow 2 and larger drum it'll be quicker then a stock '82!

Also did a little Oups and made the bill a little bit more expensive :whistle:
http://www.goodwinch.com/shop/elect...eatable-performance-12v24v-auto-sensing-3038/

Should come out at around £909 for the winch, controller, synthetic line and hawse fairlead..

Got the thing mounted and oh my gawd was it bigger then the Old Warn! Tighter then a glove damnit! Resulted in a lot more chopping and cussing, but i finally managed to get it in!
Did a smart thing, which i learned in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xavi1qzlfAI
What i did was take the hand-saver strap and fed the line through it, after some coils on the drum i fed it between the coils and the drum, and voilá! You cant pull out too much rope! The rope will pull on the strap which will be locked under the first coils! :icon-biggrin:

16813676627_d425dedd10_c.jpg2015-04-03 11.48.34 by Vc1r, on Flickr

17019635332_307ed8cb3f_c.jpg2015-04-03 14.34.02 by Vc1r, on Flickr

16995075816_6ed2d87875_c.jpg2015-04-03 16.28.22 by Vc1r, on Flickr

17019624442_8efb03f8e7_c.jpg2015-04-03 16.28.34 by Vc1r, on Flickr

16813653387_a9049d1d32_c.jpg2015-04-03 16.28.58 by Vc1r, on Flickr

You cant pull out too much rope! The rope will pull on the strap which will be locked under the first coils! :icon-biggrin:
I've got one of those but not fitted yet, what happens when you want to take the rope right off?

Just work the coils and loosen them up, and pull it out! Not any more difficult then to put it in!

Back