Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Last underside question - 2006 LC5 129k

Where do you live, you must be within reach of one of the members here who would show you around their motors, so you know what you are looking for.

My advice would be to just wait and see what pops up whilst you are browsing, but when the right one comes don't mess about go immediately to the car and if its a good one buy it.

Well done AndycruiserguyLomas for looking at that motor and taking those pertinent pics, a perfect example of why i avoid vehicles that have spent time in Scotland whenever possible, was easy for a while when the MOT history gave addresses of test stations, but now that short lived feature has been dropped you are relying solely on either truthful seller (debatable at many dealerships) or a full service history.

That panhard rod, what the hells going on there, looks like the pic of the offside is from a different vehicle to the nearside pic, offside has been caked in waxoyl by the look of it without removing any rust first nearside section rusted and dry, chassis also waxoyled yet not a drop of paint nor anything been applied to the rear axle.

Those pics have given Broadeye a good inkling what to look for.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Judd. It wasn't a problem as I was close by. This hadn't seen any waxoyl, just aerosol paint. It had either been traded in against a pickup ( which is what they sell) or they'd underwritten it from a dealer somewhere.
It didn't look like it would have fallen apart any time soon but I think most people would have wanted something better. That rear tyre had about 15psi in it and was cracked in all the grooves around, not a great first impression.

This is why I'll never have another Collie again, the ones I've seen since I sold mine have been very similar and sometimes far worse than this 120, I havn't seen one better.

Thanks for that Judd. It wasn't a problem as I was close by. This hadn't seen any waxoyl, just aerosol paint. It had either been traded in against a pickup ( which is what they sell) or they'd underwritten it from a dealer somewhere.
It didn't look like it would have fallen apart any time soon but I think most people would have wanted something better. That rear tyre had about 15psi in it and was cracked in all the grooves around, not a great first impression.

This is why I'll never have another Collie again, the ones I've seen since I sold mine have been very similar and sometimes far worse than this 120, I havn't seen one better.

Thanks for that mate - that's really useful - gives me a much better idea of the rot scale and feeling a lot better about the one I'm looking at despite the muck. Also had a chat with Freedom 4x4 earlier - extemely helpful guy. Cheers.

Back