Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC 100 minor issues

SafariTecPeter

Country Flag
norway
Hi All!

A new LC is making its way onto the lawn.
The issues with the current one in Question is related to a MY2001 LC100

1; I am struggeling severely with the fog lamps. Both back & front. On the rear ones unfortunately only the indication it the dash boars / instrument cluster lights up. The Tail is dark.
Same for the front, no juice comming through.
I have checked the fuses & they are fine. I am struggeling to locate the relay. Can anyone please point me into the right direction?

2; The centre console cubby box lid keeps popping up. The previouse owner had the lid "refurbished" @ a dealership. The dealership aint honouring their warranty so I am now left with the problem...
Based on what the parts catalouge & Toyota locally tell me, the lock itself for the lid is not servicable. It seesm to me that the hook on the lock may have been glued back in place at a certain stage.
Forking out well over 400£ for a new lid just aint`t happening.
Ohh yeah, I am trying to save the original lock. I may have to mod the plastic coin tray underneight.
So what are my options?
I am very open to suggestions here :)

Throwing up a pic from yesterdays trialfitting of an awning :)
IMG_20160819_195155.jpg

The latch for the centre consul is available seperatly IIRC the part number is
58908-32050.

If you Google image it you can see a photo, this is a cheap part I have replaced mine, hope this helps?

As for the lights a bit more investigation will show you I am sure, I think a wiring diagram/workshop manual is available on the net somewhere, someone will give you a link.

Hi "t1pper"

I ordered this exact part number the other day & it did by no means come back as a lock :(
Upon looking further into this, the dealer confirmed I would need a new lid which holds the lock itself....

My Parts catalouge has a reference to the lid inc lock marked "N4- This part is not available for service"....
So I am stuck. I may have to buther a lock from a breakers....

EDIT; Rechecking or better backtracking the Partnumber, it comes up as a part for a Gen1 Prius too.
The Lady of the house has just one like that. I popped out & had a look. It seems to be the same unit.
Looking @ the parts catalouge for the Prius, the part is listed separately....
I am puzzled..... Will try again with the dealer & see what comes up.

Indeed, I need WSM for this car & most certainly a wire diagram...
If someone has one available online, I`d genuinly appreciate it ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The lid latch problem is often a hinge problem. What happens is that back seat passengers put their feet on the lid, with a bit too much force.

Thanks uHu.
However I doubt this is the case here. It was owned by an elderly couple for the last 10-12 yrs & was a 2 seater (commercial plates, no 2.nd row) @ their time

The remark reg the hinge is vital though, There is some messy action around the hinge indeed...
If I push the lid forward, the catch seems to grab better. I may try to move the lid forward abit...

I know this is nothing to do with me.............but god, I love this forum. So many helpful people :clap:

Spot on Ian, me too, I browse a lot of 'other' threads, those that don't really concern me, and the amount of help provided is fantastic.

Just having another point of view is sometimes enough to assist. :thumbup:

AMEN to that :innocent:

I hope someday I may be able to return the help I have been given on this forum & from its members
:)

The latch has been put on hold. I have been travelling & will be "butchering" the Prius for parts soon.

The fog lamps I will look further into.

I now have 2 LC100 where the trailer socket is dead :-(
Both are now not with me.....
Is there possibly a "common" failure with these? I haven`t got to look where the socket is spliced into the car`s loom.... So I abit in the dark untill I can look physivally...

Hi Peter,

I seem to have fixed the issue with my centre console cubby box lid opening by adjusting the positions of the lid and the hinged tray beneath it. It's been adjusted for a couple of weeks and it's not popped open since.

Hope this helps

Hi!

Yes, the thing is the lid had been "adjusted" in a rather questionable way (dealer...) way in the past...
"Questionable" as in adding washers & nuts between lid & hinge.
I will be looking into this too.
As far as I can tell the catch is not "gripping" idealy into the plastic of the coin tray. Abit of wear can be detected....

Will report once I have a solution

ATB

Back