Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC 120 Compass/ Info Display

r0ry

Hi all,

I've had some problems recently with my compass/information display. When I turn on the headlights it becomes dimmer. Still visible just a lot harder to see during the day. Could it be a dying battery or a larger electrical problem? I've just changed one of my batteries (not both as the other was ok). Could there be an electrical problem or should I change the other battery as well? I couldn't find any settings for the brightness of this display. Thanks in advance!

I don't think the battery would cause it as once its running the power will be from the alternator; but everything I've seen says you should replace both batteries at the same time...

Don't mean to make you sound stupid but does your landcruiser have a dimming switch. This would cause your symptoms as if it is turned down low on normal settings I, e no lights on it will look normal. Turn your lights on and the dimmer settings will kick in otherwise no possible explanation unless the sercut board that control the lighting features are on there way out.

Hope this helps.

I noticed this when i first got a 120,
One thing that caught me out is i tended to knock the dimmer on the RHS with my knee when getting in or out and it moved the settings
The display will dim when the lights are turned on as Tony says

Simon

Hmm... Where would that dimmer switch be? Some of my switches are scratched and I don't know what they represent. Also my dashboard lights are not affected neither my nav display.

Think its the in the switches below the steering wheel to the right. Its a wheel next to the headlight height adjuster, and looks exactly like it. I think it affects all the dashboard lights though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did you get to solve this? I bought a 120 and this unit looked like it wasn't working at all from the start. While at the shop to get a screen head unit put in, the guy took the accessory unit out, opened it and said the contacts had loosened, and it worked. But the next day I couldn't see it during the day, and it just dimmed in the evening. Not the dimmer switch, I checked. So it probably does have something to do with loose contacts. I plan to take it apart again and look into this, but was wondering if you found any solution in the meantime?

Back