Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC not starting

I could spare U a pump Håkon if need be
I aint home though untill next WE
We are a good 1,5hrs apart unless U have moved house

Thanks, but hopefully it will work now :) I'm still at Jessheim btw
I have the same or very similar starting problem on a 98 Diesel Auto, 1kjz95 - probably a 1997 model. I am based in the Caribbean and local Toyota dealer refuses to provide support as I brought the vehicle in from the uk (i owned it there). So lots of opinions as to the problem which grew progressively worse and now won't start at all. Cranks fine but either won't start at all or fires and immediately cuts out once you press the throttle. My latest advice is that I need to replace the pump and the injectors. I am dubious as I think the air problem might be my issue but right now I'm in England and thinking about buying a pump. Do you know whether it is the Denso electronic pump on this model or was a mechanical pump used?
Has the pump swap worked and did you change out any other parts?
Any info on the pump would help as I've been offered one from a 96 manual, which I think is a mechanical one
Thanks, Chris

You probably got an electronic one, you can find out by looking at it. Mine started after changing to a mechanical one, but I don't know if it was the pump, sensor, ecu or something else that stopping it from starting :)

1st testrun: engine was not pulling very good, so I had to look at the timing

A lot of work to loosen the pump again :(. Set the timing to 0,94mm.

2nd testrun:
Low idle - can easily be adjusted
Pulls better at low rpm
Pulls not so good at high speeed/5th gear - I guess more fuel and boost could solve this :)
Lower rpm at same speed then earlier - bonus?

Ehh?
Lower rpm at same speed? o_O
How do U explain that if U have not changed gear ratio & we take a non slipping clutch into the equation:eek:

Good to hear the truck is running again!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pretty weird ay..

So I gave it a quarter of a turn more diesel and increased the boost to 1,1 bar. It now runs better and the idle came up so much I need to adjust it down again :) Cold engine idle is fine, but warm is to high

Ehh?
Lower rpm at same speed? o_O
How do U explain that if U have not changed gear ratio & we take a non slipping clutch into the equation:eek:

Good to hear the truck is running again!

Its a long time since I was running as standard but I believe my engine mods give greater speed at lower revs . For comparison I recently spent the best part of an hour on the autobahn doing 90mph at 3200rpm . Mind you 33" tyres must alter gearing a fair bit .

Back