Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lc work in midlands ?

Sorry, I couldn't help it, it was only the reference to being an ex lawn roller owner and being prepared for loads of maintenance. Not funny really, but it caught me a weak moment. Can't help you with a reliable garage I'm afraid, even though I'm from Birmingham. Too long out of touch, that's my problem.

Cheers

Banbury - thanks I will look at the map for Earlswood, but it cant be far........

www.acomotors.co.uk

There's a map on the contact us page but their not far from the M42 either J3 or J4 and
have courtesy cars

Simon is the boss and owner, just mention my name as we've been friends
for a number of years.

Last edited:
Btw nothing wrong with tech's who work in dealers, not all part fitters :icon-wink:

Btw nothing wrong with tech's who work in dealers, not all part fitters :icon-wink:

Yes sorry, of course there are good and knowledgeable techies in dealers, but the hourly rates are usually too stiff if there is a complicated problem

Sorry, I couldn't help it, it was only the reference to being an ex lawn roller owner and being prepared for loads of maintenance. Not funny really, but it caught me a weak moment. Can't help you with a reliable garage I'm afraid, even though I'm from Birmingham. Too long out of touch, that's my problem.

Cheers

Be my guest - it is funny now looking back on the years of problems with later model LRs I had, as well as the endless cost of replacing ear defenders and the lack of leg room blah blah blah. Sunday nights are no longer making sure the thing would go for work on Monday...:icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Julian Voelcker (member here) is only 60 miles from you, there are few people who know more about Land Cruisers.

Julian has done a lot of the early work on my truck and it has been top quality. But he is always very busy and its not easy to get hold of or booked in (unless its an emergency) without a long wait. So I need back up for day to day stuff.

Michael, I can't help you out with a specific mechanic, but as someone also new to landcruisers I can tell you that the 80 series is nice and basic in a good way. Its an agricultural truck with a lorry engine and a tractor gearbox.

Any older mechanic with a basic workshop and a good reputation will find it nice and easy to work on. Add to that the fact that you can access the FSM on here for it and your home and hosed.

Michael, I can't help you out with a specific mechanic, but as someone also new to landcruisers I can tell you that the 80 series is nice and basic in a good way. Its an agricultural truck with a lorry engine and a tractor gearbox.

Any older mechanic with a basic workshop and a good reputation will find it nice and easy to work on. Add to that the fact that you can access the FSM on here for it and your home and hosed.

Wise words Yogi ! :thumbup:

Back