Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC3 'with spare wheel rear door' changed to 'no spare' door?

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
Thinking about changing my rear door to the 'non wheel-carrier' type
basically had enough of the weight of the spare wheel everytime the door is used

Is it just a different door-skin or is there more to it than that?
Cheers

thanks for that Shayne
I do prefer the look of the 'non wheel-carrier door'

I'm thinking it will probably need a whole new door?

I would imagine a full door swap is the easiest option and it seems unlikely to me the body shape changed over the years but i'm guessing so i hope someone might be able to confirm that for you .

I took the spare wheel holder off the back door and to be honest it looks ok
will probably just leave it the way it is...
cheers

I actually bought a replacement rear door so that I could move the spare to the rear door. The doors are the same apart from the wheel fittings.

I never completed the swap over as I got bored

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You did yourself a favour mate!
the spare wheel adds about 30kg onto the back door,makes it very heavy
especially when you're getting energetic dogs in and out...

20210909_111108.jpg
Can I buy a door-skin without the spare wheel recess?

How about a better picture of your Shepherd dog have got me own dog Esme 19 months Max 8 months old which is fostered until christmas and sisters dog Neah 2 years until monday all German shepherds busy busy busy had to get a mini digger in to clear up the by products will get some pictures later but not of the by products they are having a snooze at the moment been chasing balls in the back garden

Toolsplus, if you're intent on going down that path, surely a used replacement door is more cost effective, time and money?
Bearing in mind the cost of a doorskin, new I presume, unless you spend time at a scrap yard that will cut one off for you, the removal of trim, welds, the glass with heating element which is bonded etc, plus any amount of time the lc would be off the road while you work, hopefully with good weather or undercover.
Then the welding of replacement skin, repaint, replace bonded heated glass if original doesnt break etc, then I am thinking a one off, one on, straight replacement from scrappy, and IF youre lucky, the right colour.
If you're very lucky, you could sell on your old door to recoup cost of replacement. Simples no ?

Yeah, just get another door and replace the whole thing.

Where will you be putting the spare wheel then? Don't the lc3 not have the little pulley system under the back chassis?

Looking like a waterfall of skin and fur and very settled on a couch of leather Beautiful looking animal you got there

Starting with the far dog is Esme middle one is Max nearest is Neah

Nah they are all ball chasing chaos animals the only one missing from this line up is Esmes brother another black one trying to arrange a run in the woods for some action shots Max is from a show line and looks like he has been thrown at a brick wall one too many times with the intelligence that goes with it for example he can get three tennis balls in his mouth one at the back and two side by side at the front but being greedy he does it one behind the other and chokes himself in the woods they can do a three hour walk run hunt bloody wonderful life

Back