Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lifepo4 battery

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
What does everyone make of this ?

105ah/12v at £399 feels like a good deal and it's packaged up well.

Going on £ per ah that is good value compared to LiFePo4 motorcycle batteries and Headway cells and certainly compared to horrendously expensive ebike batteries.

I fitted a 12V 218AH Litium Ion battery to my 78 Series Troopy - best decision I ever made.
Parked in Central Kalahari in Jan23 average evening temp was 36Deg daytime temps 42-45Deg C
With 2 fridges (1 x 40Ltr National Luna set at -15deg as freezer and 1 x 45Ltr Dometic set at 2Deg C as a fridge) running all night and when I checked the battery SOC (State of charge) at 06:00 it was at 95%
Absolutely a no brainer - and using a Victron 12/12 DC/DC charger the battery was at 100% SOC after only a 40min game drive.
And during the day both fridges are supplied by 3 x 135W RTT mounted flexible PV panels thru a Victron MPPT 100/30

looks good and a good price. I paid about £480 for Renogy 100Ah units.

It looks like they are out of stock in the UK now, no plans to get anymore stock. Boo!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, i saw that, typical we just don’t get the good gear, or if we do it’s double the price of OZ or US

I paid the ZA Rand equivalent of GBP675 for the BlueNova 218AH - its a ZA assembled battery using the normal far eastern Cells, with built in BMS

Waiting for availability on these
Look ok - I hope

I checked the Spec / Dimensions for the

FOGSTAR 230AH Batt
  • Dimensions L(345mm) x W (190mm) x H (245mm)
Fogstar 280AH
Fogstar 300AH
may be be proven wrong but this doesnt make any logical sense - these are physically half the size of my 218AH. [Dimensions (mm) 522 x 240 x 245mm (W x D x H) ]
Maybe a cut n paste error in their specs ???

That is strange as most of these batts internally all use the same base cells.

Last edited:
That's odd for sure. Maybe they only have one size of outer casing.

According to the manufacturer of my 218AH Lith Batt, they say it is a physical impossibility to get those AH ratings of batteries into casing of those miniscule dimensions

Maybe a copy and paste issue then. It's worth giving them a call.

This is what Fogstar Batteries | The UK’s #1 18650 Battery Retailer - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] had to say :

The sizes on the drift batteries are correct - we only have case size we use for all those batteries, means we can bulk buy the cases and keep the costs down. Just means we have to pad the cases out a bit of the lower capacity ones

We use prismatic cells, 4 in each. We don't use cylindrical cells like other some manufacturers. We also sell the prismatic cells separately so sizes can be checked. Added a picture as an example. There's some bigger ones at the back that use 8 cells (like the 560Ah - nicknamed 'the tank')

And this is the image supplied https://p28.zdusercontent.com/attac...AbWaXOoP742JR5VKbJrQ6M.6U-_fTl3ZAyBhqaXyNuSxg

Thanks for that feedback - much appreciated -
Its given me opportunity idea for ZA

Did they indicate what AH rating the standard prismatic cell is ??

Back