Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

DIY Battery Setup vs Ecoflow Delta 2

Surfy

LiFePO4-diy-battery-setup-camping-vanlife-bus-travel-vehicle-comparison-ecoflow-rv.JPG

A DIY project Power Systems with 12v, Solar vs an Ecoflow Delta2 - which solution is better?

It is not easy to compare, because both solutions have some advenate/disadvantages.

Both variants did come with LiFePO4 and will have after 3000 Cycle times arround 80% capacity, the ecoflow and the DIY - in my comparison.

So even with a daily use, it will have over 80% of the capacity after 8.3 Years. Guess that is not an point to discuss anymore.

The space required by the DIY project and the weight are the main disadvantages, together with the starting price.

The main disavantage of the ecoflow is the harder/inpossible "in field" repair, which have to be considered for extended international journeys.

You can`t just use cheapies for the DIY buildup, when you want to have an serious warranty like the ecoflow did provide (5 years)...

Ecoflow Delta2 vs DIY Battery - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

trippin

The EcoFlowmlooks interesting but doesn’t seem to have the option to charge direct from the alternator, unless I’ve mis-read the specs? So you could I guess stick an inverter in -line and charge that way, which seems a bit of a pita?

The EcoFlowmlooks interesting but doesn’t seem to have the option to charge direct from the alternator, unless I’ve mis-read the specs? So you could I guess stick an inverter in -line and charge that way, which seems a bit of a pita?

The ecoflow battery comes with the adapter to charge by 12v plugs in the vehicle.

Yes, those mostly are limited to 10a - but in my overview/presentation of the ecoflow delta 2 I did also mention some ways to use a 12v booster like they are used on the older classic 2nd battery setup`s with 360Watt (30 Amps).

trippin

Back