Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Linglong AT review - Cheap and you get what you pay for, not more and not less.

Philip A

17000 km after having installed Linglong tyres on my short LC Prado, the results are out.

Tyre: Linglong 106T Radial620

Type: AT

Size: 235/70-16

Pros: they are cheap (half the price of a Toyo, 60% of a Kumho's price)

Durability: I'm about half-way through the thread now, so it's not bad. 50% road, the rest on trails an offroad.

Puncture resistance: the tyre is rated 6 plys only, but so far it has behaved quite well in the puncture department.

Road behaviour: not noisy, sufficiently stable for local African traffic (no high speed highways around here), but I don't think I'd use these on a vehicle meant to drive at speed on European roads.

Offroad: the rating here drops to -5 or thereabout, due to a total and absolute lack of traction on the wet. Use it in dry conditions, but if it rains you're in for some cussin', guaranteed!
On muddy trails, the LC is swirling around like a drunken ballet dancer, with hubs locked, 4x4 engaged, and rear diff locked, while my Land Rover ambles around smugly, without even locking the center diff (the Landy has Toyo MT shoes).

Conclusion: if you need a cheap tyre that will do the mileage without being asked stellar performances, this will do. If, on the other hand, you need your vehicle to perform in tough conditions, look somewhere else.

Back