Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 2L-T Engine Upgrade

emrahdeniz

Country Flag
turkey
I bought a 2L-T engine for my 2L LJ70 from a Grand Hiace. I checked many parts and it seems that it will directly fit in LJ.

Do you think I should also change the whole exhaust system with a wider one? The Turbo Upgrade Kits sold on the net also include the exhaust system, that's why I think that I should also upgrade it.

Any help will be great.

The KZ-T engine is the best but it was never present in Turkey. Even this Turbo version was never sold. Thats why we want to make this upgrade.

I will read all the thread I think it will help a lot.

I agree with ben, now that you're going to put in money and effort to upgrade your truck I'd opt for something more powerful...

Another cheaper option would be trying to find a 2.8 3L engine as found in the hilux... now that you have a 2L-T engine you can use its turbo system to turbo charge the 2.8! When set-up correctly, power is comparable to the 1KZ-T. I have this engine on my LJ79 (LWB) and it goes really well!

We finally made the upgrade.

The result is more than I expected. LJ70 is now really great. I cannot imagine how would KZT be like.

The price for the 2LT was really good, the selling guy did not know it is an engine that fits all toyotas thus he was sellling for half price.

Upgrading 2.8 to Turbo is also a nice idea.

Its a 2LT, so a mechanical fuel pump?

Glad to hear its going well.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes it is mechanjcal pump. Actually the ome with electeonic is called 2LTE which would be great to have ;)

I don't think so.

You can turn your pump up or down, the 2lte engine is governed by the ecu which isn't a programable one.

Pete

Today I tested the engine on a mountain climb.

Before 2LT, I could hardly climb with the 3rd gear so I was going around 2 and 3.
Today I climbed the same ramp with 4th gear, and the engine was still in acceleration mode. I was so happy, it was worth for all this engine change :)

Back