Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lj70 build thread

Hi Gents,

I’ve found a potential donor vehicle in newton abbot with a kz-t.

Julian is also having an ask around for me in case he can source an engine which makes it a bit easier.

But if I buy the donor truck for logistal reasons involving neither of the cars being drivable I’m hoping to find someone in the south east with a bit of experience to do the swap.

Any recomendations appreciated!!

not necessarily. if front diff is with fresh oil, see if you can identify the source of leak.
Thats the pic where I notice the oil on the right hand side bracket. Its very dificult to look in between ps pump and alternator, i tried with a mirror and torch. On the side photo, alternator body looks dry to me, so maybe its a different source.
Also, good to clean the area with some solvent, so you could observe whats going on better.
If no oil leak under the truck, then its better. If front dif looks quite wet with oil, maybe you should investigate a bit.

Also, you notice some plastic pins on the edge of the inner fender in the side photo. they are used to attach a rubber apron for the engine compartment.
I just bought some oil resistant rubber sheet and made them myself. you can get them lh and rh from toyota,
about 50euro/each.

Im about to redo one of them, if you need a template, just let me know.

this is the part number:
53737-90K02
Ciao Alexy, I am in Northern Italy and have been looking for these aprons with no luck si I ordered some Nitrile rubber to make my own but do you have templates already made as my lj70 is packed under the hood and a pain to get under there. Also I note your in Romania and several of us Toyota weekend warriors are planning a trip there April 25 to May 7. I’d like to get in touch.

Being relatively new to the LCC forums I just read your entire thread and want to congratulate you on your persistence and the great looking outcome. Always put the new wife before the 70. A happy wife makes a happy life. These 70s are such iconic vehicles they're worth saving. I hope you both have many happy hours enjoying the 70 once it's sorted.

Back