Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 DIESEL. Won't start

Si LJ70

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi,

Tried to take my LJ for an MOT retest today and it won't start. Battery fully charged so turns over fine. Won't even try to go. Anything that's a common fault i should check?

It has been used a couple days ago and started fine. It is quite a lot of white smoke on start up so could it be the glow plug controller? Also it was parked on a hill nose up...

Any help greatly appreciated.

Simon

Could be many things.. Even with the glow plugs out of action, It would at least try to start i would have thought.. The one thing i always try first is taking Fuel direct from a Can, By passing the fuel filter/ Fuel lines etc, see if it trys to start..... Or prime up the fuel filter with the plunger before start up to see if it goes hard, Try to eliminate any air in the system..... Check fuel cut off valve/solenoid or what ever you have... Sorry not familiar with that engine. Like i said there are many things it could be.. Do you have a sock type filter in the fuel Tank?.... Could be blocked.... Good luck let us know how you get on

Sorry to hear this. I can't be of much help but if the heaters are not working and the engine is cold I would expect it to be hard to start. You could try a can of easystart to get you going?

It's either fuel filter housing or rotten pipes on top of the tank. Change the housing as if it didn't pack up yet it will in near future and see how it goes. You can always fit a one way valve on the supply pipe as a temporary measure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Is fuel filter in the engine bay WI the primer pump only filter? I assume you mean rotten pipes on top of the fuel tank?

Yes it's the only filter. Yes i mean fuel pick up and return pipes on top of the fuel tank.

Back